or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3159

post #47371 of 91706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post

It is sort of funny to me that today is April Fool's. Last week I was in DC visiting family and friends. I took the liberty to step away from the festivities to visit the Alden store in DC. My goal was to determine my Barrie last size. For me, pardon the pun, this was no mean feat. I have a very wide arch, a very flat and wide fore-foot and narrow heels.

Within a few minutes Kathy had my Barrie last size down and had my trying on shoes in every other last. We spent over an hour and a half trying shoe after shoe in style after style. I now know what I wear in every last. Props to Kathy who, quite unhurriedly, spent the entire time pushing me to try them all. In the end I rewarded myself with one of the shoes I have always wanted -- the Color 8 Shell Cordovan Chukka boot. I had the boots shipped to me and the arrived today --low and behold-- they still fit. Thanks, Kathy!




Kathy and the folks at Alden DC are extremely helpful.  Great looking chukkas... congrats and wear in great health!

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #47372 of 91706
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypomnema View Post

Just grabbed a pair of ravello LWB's on waterloc sole from alden DC. They say the edge trim is medium .. Anyone have any pics they can share of this model?

 

 

 

 

1000

post #47373 of 91706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post






1000

Fantastic. Can't wait till these arrive. Thanks for sharing these.
post #47374 of 91706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post

It is sort of funny to me that today is April Fool's. Last week I was in DC visiting family and friends. I took the liberty to step away from the festivities to visit the Alden store in DC. My goal was to determine my Barrie last size. For me, pardon the pun, this was no mean feat. I have a very wide arch, a very flat and wide fore-foot and narrow heels.

Within a few minutes Kathy had my Barrie last size down and had my trying on shoes in every other last. We spent over an hour and a half trying shoe after shoe in style after style. I now know what I wear in every last. Props to Kathy who, quite unhurriedly, spent the entire time pushing me to try them all. In the end I rewarded myself with one of the shoes I have always wanted -- the Color 8 Shell Cordovan Chukka boot. I had the boots shipped to me and the arrived today --low and behold-- they still fit. Thanks, Kathy!




Kathy is always super helpful. Beautiful shoes! Congrats.
post #47375 of 91706

I take it Alden of DC has no web presence? 

post #47376 of 91706
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmemt View Post

I take it Alden of DC has no web presence? 

No. You have to call or email the shop to see what they have in stock.
post #47377 of 91706
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmemt View Post

I take it Alden of DC has no web presence? 

 

 

No, but their real life customer service is excellent. (first post virginity: lost)

post #47378 of 91706
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypomnema View Post

Just grabbed a pair of ravello LWB's on waterloc sole from alden DC. They say the edge trim is medium .. Anyone have any pics they can share of this model?

Alden DC has ravello LWB in stock? I was on a waitlist
post #47379 of 91706
Quote:
Originally Posted by poena View Post

Alden DC has ravello LWB in stock? I was on a waitlist

They had just a few pairs .. They told me it wasn't a full stock - just a few odd pairs that were delivered from the factory recently. I got lucky I guess and they had my size.
post #47380 of 91706

alden mto x banana republic

 

 

post #47381 of 91706
Quote:
Originally Posted by marnomuth View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmemt View Post

I take it Alden of DC has no web presence? 

 

 

No, but their real life customer service is excellent. (first post virginity: lost)


Welcome aboard!

post #47382 of 91706
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

alden mto x banana republic






Carmina.
post #47383 of 91706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post

It is sort of funny to me that today is April Fool's. Last week I was in DC visiting family and friends. I took the liberty to step away from the festivities to visit the Alden store in DC. My goal was to determine my Barrie last size. For me, pardon the pun, this was no mean feat. I have a very wide arch, a very flat and wide fore-foot and narrow heels.

Within a few minutes Kathy had my Barrie last size down and had my trying on shoes in every other last. We spent over an hour and a half trying shoe after shoe in style after style. I now know what I wear in every last. Props to Kathy who, quite unhurriedly, spent the entire time pushing me to try them all. In the end I rewarded myself with one of the shoes I have always wanted -- the Color 8 Shell Cordovan Chukka boot. I had the boots shipped to me and the arrived today --low and behold-- they still fit. Thanks, Kathy!



 

That about describes my feet as well.  What size did you end up determining was a good fit on the Barrie relative to your typical dress shoe size?

post #47384 of 91706
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

As yet another reminder; this thread is not the place to advertise your possible classifieds. You can (and should) be banned for such behavior.

Might just take it upon myself to play The Reckoner if these posts continue to pop up so frequently.

+1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by calidist View Post

That about describes my feet as well.  What size did you end up determining was a good fit on the Barrie relative to your typical dress shoe size?

would be interested to know how you sized as well.
post #47385 of 91706
Can anyone who owns both plaza and trubalance lasts compare the fit?

I wear a 10D in plaza and have a 9.5D in trubalance on its way. Does that sound about right?

Also maybe I should mention that the 10D is cordovan whilst the 9.5D will be chromexcel; for some reason I remember thinking that cordovan is a slightly larger fit than its chromexcel equivalent.

I'm worried sizing down 1/2 might still leave the boot too big.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***