Sick indeed! Congrats and wear in great health...
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on Yesterday at 7:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3145
Styleforum Top Picks
Someone posted about this within the past 7 days. They said that they spoke with TSM and TSM said they are working to update inventory errors before distributing the next seconds list. The past few have had a lot of shoes listed on them that TSM did not actually have in their inventory.
I always thought they call them gunboats because the strip of brogueing that runs the length of the shoe looks like cannon portholes on the side of a gunboat
Here's a good illustration of why they call it a "gunboat" :
Could it be that all of the shell models you are looking for in your size are all out of stock? The shell offerings are still posted on their website.
they have an issue with the site. when you filter on shell it doesn't work, but if you just look at everything, they're there.
I reject that explanation. The pic has nothing to do with Alden LWB, rather, it is a pic of some florsheim shoes with pants made to look like smoke stacks.
Still a cool illusion though.
Thanks for posting it.
It is really hard to have a constant stream of information about what you could own. I find myself unable to resist far too often.
So I'm looking at buying the Alden Indy Kudu and was wondering about sizing. My love of boots is rather recent, ie this past week or so, and began with the Oak Street Navy Camp. I have the Camp in a size 7UK and it is a good fit I feel, saying that it is possibly ever so slightly too large. I can't get to a store to try on an Alden as there are no stockists in the UK near to my location, so was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on how similar the two fits are? I've found the Kudu in a 6.5UK and was just about to 'add to my basket', but thought I'd check with you guys first!
Cheers for any advice!
- ***The official Alden thread ***
- › Question: Stores where I can buy suits like these? 52 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 2 minutes ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 7 minutes ago
- › GRAIL BROWN TWEED █ London Lounge x Lovat Brown Herringbone... 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 10 minutes ago
- › Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov... 10 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth