Thanks... This last is in the mid-range of lasts, for me tts works... But the last chart reccomends downsizing a half size...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Black Park Ave 10.5 EE Drop (MacNeil and Aldens are sold) Last post on 1/2/12 at 7:39am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Alden x LeatherSoul Natty Longwings LWB 9D Last post on 1/20/13 at 2:12pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- My girlfriend just bought me these Alden LWB color 8! Show yours off! Last post on 11/30/12 at 10:35am in Classic Menswear
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Allen Edmonds vs. Alden--Which American Great Do You Prefer?!! OFFICIAL Last post on 2/9/14 at 3:11pm in Classic Menswear
5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for different occasion
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3131
Styleforum Top Picks
I'm waiting on another pre-order with Epaulet for a Leydon lasted Cigar LWB. I can probably expect that sometime in 2015.
Mediahound: how many pairs of Alden cordovan do you have? Just wondering...
I mean the difference isn't huge, but I've certainly noticed it. Then again, Alden has always been inconsistent in the last 3 years I've been buying them... I'm on my 4th pair of 403s (really burn through them...) and during my 2nd and 3rd pair I had to deal with some that had a really short tongue (that was below the shaft of the boot) - this is a defect.
I have upwards of 25 pairs of Barrie lasted shoes and boots, 12 of which are shell.
Although I have definitely noticed some pairs fit different than the rest, I don't think it is reasonable to make any meaningful generalizations regarding style X in material Y fits different than others. Further, the four pairs that I can think of which fit different than the others really don't fit different enough that I would take another size.
The pairs that I've noticed a sizing difference are
Suede short wings.
Brown CXL PTB
Cigar shell PTB
Natural CXL wingtip boots.
These above four ran slightly big.
Epaulet "Obscura" calf boots run ever so slightly smaller.
I think any variation in sizing one encounters is due more to what particular old dude made your shoe that day.
There's a limit to the accuracy with which one can use the interweb to size their shoes.
Drawing conclusion based on style and material on the same last seems to be beyond those limits. You just need to try them on.
This is my issue with Barries. Walking around with the LWB, my pinky toes get crowded and I get heel slip. The same size in Barrie boots is a crap shoot: my SWB is tight but fits, the NSTs I bought are just too narrow. If the 9.5E NSTs I pre-ordered don't fit well, I think I'm going to give up on the Barrie last altogether.
Edited by alex4nder - 3/26/13 at 11:07pm
Barrie boots, Chukkas not included, seem to be TTS. For me, Chukkas and LWB run big. I found this out in an unfortunate way.
For LWB, I have to size down. I went on a rainbow spree, purchasing the Whiskey, Ravello and Cigar LWB all within 3 weeks because I liked the look and figured the sizing would be the same as boots. By the time I actually tried them on, none fit me in 9D and the 8.5D were sold out. Same issue with my Ravello Chukkas in 9D.
Also, Whiskey LWB arrived with huge scratch, Ravello LWB had severe vamp discoloration. The Cigar LWB, which was perfect I actually sent back to return for the 8.5, which was "on hold" for me and Adam pulled that money order for final sale nonesense and then when I agreed to send a money order, he never wrote me back. So that was my LWB rainbow nightmare. I also had the J. Crew, which was beautiful, but didn't fit . The moral of the story is don't power order rare colors and wait weeks to try them on.
Now, it'll be years before I have another swing at that pitch.
I hate to promote items, but the brand new Ravello Chukka is available in marketplace in 9D. I love TSM, but returns take forever and I'd rather trade it or sell it. It's a sparkling new, perfectly beautiful Ravello Chukka.....that is one size too big.
- ***The official Alden thread ***
- › PRL Blue Label wool/silk herringbone sports jacket slim 42 15 seconds ago
- › The Official Hair Thread 1 minute ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 5 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › 5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for... by mahnoormalik
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw