or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3130

post #46936 of 91662
Quote:
Originally Posted by dslonghorn4 View Post

My two favorite shells for short business trips.

Two very nice pair of shell cordovan wingtips. Are they the Alden Ravello LWB and the RL Marlow wingtip, and do you fly with a shoe horn in your pocket?

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #46937 of 91662
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Two very nice pair of shell cordovan wingtips. Are they the Alden Ravello LWB and the RL Marlow wingtip, and do you fly with a shoe horn in your pocket?

BeSpiff: Yes they are. Never leave home without a shoe horn!
post #46938 of 91662
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

Nice N, those on the TruBalance?

Thanks guys. It was a good day for cigar.

The Indy is on the trubalance
post #46939 of 91662
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqroot3 View Post

interesting. paradoxically, pinky toes getting crowded + heel slip make me think you are a size TOO wide, and that you should try to go narrower. what happens to me, at least, is if a size is too wide, my foot wedges even more toward the front of the shoe than normal, causing 1) my pinky toe to slide forward and hit the side of the toebox/the side of the upper--a crowded feeling--and 2) the heel to be placed too far forward, exacerbating heel slip.

Yah, I get your logic, but I don't think it applies in my case. I've been sized by LS and Alden SF: the ball of my foot is placed in the right spot, and my big toe is where it belongs. I just have monster pinky toes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqroot3 View Post

it was only after this was explained on some thread here on styleforum that i realized some of my AEs are just too wide.

So far I've had the best luck with AE's shoes. Their toe box width to heel width match me really well. Carmina's wide lasts seems to fit pretty well too.
post #46940 of 91662
Haha, very well...
post #46941 of 91662
Just received my first shell LWB! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif



(Snapseeded)
post #46942 of 91662
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixkcma View Post

Just received my first shell LWB! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif



(Snapseeded)

 

That looks stunning! Ravello?

post #46943 of 91662
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkiu View Post

That looks stunning! Ravello?

YES! Thanks!
post #46944 of 91662
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixkcma View Post

Just received my first shell LWB! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif



(Snapseeded)
Alden DC or SF? The king of all gunboats. Very nice!
post #46945 of 91662
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex4nder View Post

This is my issue with Barries. Walking around with the LWB, my pinky toes get crowded and I get heel slip. The same size in Barrie boots is a crap shoot: my SWB is tight but fits, the NSTs I bought are just too narrow. If the 9.5E NSTs I pre-ordered don't fit well, I think I'm going to give up on the Barrie last altogether.

I just found this out too. I sized down by a half from my TTS on the Barrie LWB and noticed some heel slippage. It doesn't feel as though a smaller size would correct the problem because my toes had the right amount of room. Any suggestions on how to remedy this wide heel problem? Wearing them sockless actually helped make my foot catch more at the heel, allowing for a less slippage. At least I know I didn't go too big by the sound of it from some of you guys.
post #46946 of 91662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbourne View Post

I just found this out too. I sized down by a half from my TTS on the Barrie LWB and noticed some heel slippage. It doesn't feel as though a smaller size would correct the problem because my toes had the right amount of room. Any suggestions on how to remedy this wide heel problem? Wearing them sockless actually helped make my foot catch more at the heel, allowing for a less slippage. At least I know I didn't go too big by the sound of it from some of you guys.

Try a tongue pad or an insole. I am between sizes in a few of my shoes. For some, a tongue pad does the trick, for others, a thin insole fixes it. For example, I am between sizes in Tru-Balanace and a thin insole helped. For a pair of shoes by another manufacturer, a tongue pad fixed some heel slip.
post #46947 of 91662
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

hayburner whiskey saddles x blackbird






This is a very good looking makeup.
post #46948 of 91662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbourne View Post

I just found this out too. I sized down by a half from my TTS on the Barrie LWB and noticed some heel slippage. It doesn't feel as though a smaller size would correct the problem because my toes had the right amount of room. Any suggestions on how to remedy this wide heel problem? Wearing them sockless actually helped make my foot catch more at the heel, allowing for a less slippage. At least I know I didn't go too big by the sound of it from some of you guys.

Due to the cork footbed, your heel tends to "sink" into Aldens over time. This may solve a lot of this.
post #46949 of 91662
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Thanks guys. It was a good day for cigar.

The Indy is on the trubalance
Nice, looks sleek from that angle. Sort of like a psuedo-Plaza. I want a pair of those...
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixkcma View Post

Just received my first shell LWB! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Awesome way to start! Wear in good health.
post #46950 of 91662
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

Nice, looks sleek from that angle. Sort of like a psuedo-Plaza. I want a pair of those... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Awesome way to start! Wear in good health.

I believe NAMOR also takes a narrow width on the Trubalance, which probably contributes to their sleekness.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***