or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3124

post #46846 of 87671
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalceoAdamator View Post

That splains it... I have AAD too... My better half thinks I've totally lost it...

And I have no better half thanks to AAD. satisfied.gif

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #46847 of 87671

jcrew cadet blucher appears to be fully sold out now. not sure if they pulled it to change price, or if this thread singlehandedly bought out the stock rotflmao.gif

 

hopefully my pair arrives 

post #46848 of 87671
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

jcrew cadet blucher appears to be fully sold out now. not sure if they pulled it to change price, or if this thread singlehandedly bought out the stock rotflmao.gif

hopefully my pair arrives 

Woohooo. Good job guys.
post #46849 of 87671
anyone use color laces on color8?
or indy boots?
post #46850 of 87671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post


Thanks for this - I will buy these today

you're welcome. but beware, my wife always thought i had several brown wingtip shoes, she's now calling them the orange pair, the purple pair...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post


I like the LWBs, but those PTBs are particularly stunning IMO. The blue laces are a nice touch.

thank you sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post


In Uncle Mac's absence:

"good looking in your whiskey. wear in good health."

thank you uncle roguls

Quote:
Originally Posted by david3558 View Post


Yeah these look great - thinking about using these haha.

i wore the whiskeys with the pictured blue laces last night, i really liked the look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poena View Post

anyone use color laces on color8?
or indy boots?

i will be experimenting with the dark purple this week, i'll post pics if they make it out of the house.

post #46851 of 87671

jcrew color 8 - suede saddle

 

 

post #46852 of 87671
Has anyone ever heard of an Alden retailer marking the souls to prevent returns. I was looking at a pair of jcrew captoes on eBay, the shoes each have a black mark on the sole. Sounds like they could be seconds????
post #46853 of 87671
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Has anyone ever heard of an Alden retailer marking the souls to prevent returns. I was looking at a pair of jcrew captoes on eBay, the shoes each have a black mark on the sole. Sounds like they could be seconds????

I've heard of other retailers doing this, but not an Alden retailer.  They say: "do you want us to scuff the soles for you so you don't slip...?"  I don't know what they use to do it, and I know that they really aren't concerned about you slipping.  They do it for the reason you mention.

post #46854 of 87671
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Has anyone ever heard of an Alden retailer marking the souls to prevent returns. I was looking at a pair of jcrew captoes on eBay, the shoes each have a black mark on the sole. Sounds like they could be seconds????

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

I've heard of other retailers doing this, but not an Alden retailer.  They say: "do you want us to scuff the soles for you so you don't slip...?"  I don't know what they use to do it, and I know that they really aren't concerned about you slipping.  They do it for the reason you mention.

 

I can't recall who does this, but I  think at least one maker puts an 'R' on the soles to signify 'remanufactured'. 

 

EDIT-I guess the R means 'second', not remanufactured. 


Edited by mediahound - 3/25/13 at 9:40am
post #46855 of 87671

I thought the "R" is stamped inside the shoe by the model/size

post #46856 of 87671
Alden seconds have an R on the sole.



Tricker's seconds have an R or an S (I can't remember) stamped inside the shoe.
post #46857 of 87671
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Has anyone ever heard of an Alden retailer marking the souls to prevent returns. I was looking at a pair of jcrew captoes on eBay, the shoes each have a black mark on the sole. Sounds like they could be seconds????

Yes, jcrew marks an x on the insole of their seconds. People sell them on eBay, I guess they buy them from a jcrew outlet honey-hole. 

The "R" is for seconds from the shoemart 

post #46858 of 87671
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

jcrew color 8 - suede saddle

 

 


My favorite J Crew Make up!  Awesome... kickin' myself for not pulling the trigger way back when.worship2.gif

post #46859 of 87671
Quote:
Originally Posted by poena View Post

anyone use color laces on color8?
or indy boots?

I haven't, though I was eying these blue laces to try out with my #8 tanker boots. I've seen blue look good with black shell, and I think I've seen red with #8 here, which can look good, though louder than something like blue.

post #46860 of 87671
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

Yes, jcrew marks an x on the insole of their seconds. People sell them on eBay, I guess they buy them from a jcrew outlet honey-hole. 
The "R" is for seconds from the shoemart 

I've seen shoes from the Brooks Brother's clearance center marked either on the sole and/or insole to prevent store returns. This B&S thread shows some pics:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/339347/brooks-brothers-shoes-alden-peal-black-fleece-rancourt/0_40
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***