or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3101

post #46501 of 78919
The Leffot one had crepe.
The Bureau Belfast did one but I don't remember the sole.

Added:
According to the classified they're from the Shoe Mart seconds list. Doesn't really answer the question of original make up.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/341219/new-alden-indy-boots-white-suede-9d-from-the-shoe-mart

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #46502 of 78919

Think the Belfast had crepe soles as well

post #46503 of 78919
270 deg welt??
post #46504 of 78919
post #46505 of 78919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

Anyone know the original source for these suede Indy's?

 

 

 

Edit:  Oh wait, no.  Sorry, actually these aren't the same...

post #46506 of 78919

Has anyone received BB cordovan shoes through the 30% corporate sale?

 

I placed an order, but for some reason they keep saying my card is failing to authorize.

 

I have called them like 7 times this week, and can't help but wonder if its because they don't want to let the unlined LHS go for $448.  None of the customer service reps have given me any reason to believe that this is the case, but my bank said that they have no record of BB even trying to initiate a transaction, while BB says they have tried it on like 5 different occasions.

 

They ended up canceling my order, after the customer service rep said that wouldn't happen.  As a consequence I lost the 9D.  I made them resubmit a new order identical to the first and manually adjust the price.  I had to go with 9.5D this time, and will hope that a local store has a 9D in stock to exchange.  If not I'll just have to send them back.  They said the 9D is backordered indefinitely.  When I ordered them initially, they had a backorder ship date of 4/8.

 

Even weirder is that the order status on my BB account says that the first order has been shipped.  Neither of the cards that I gave them has been charged yet. puzzled.gif

post #46507 of 78919

there are a lot of special makeups I currently want, the problem is they're all on Crepe-- which I'm not too into. Anybody have a picture of them wearing crepe that can convince me I'm wrong? Looking for a side view (as opposed to an overheard view).

 

thanks!

post #46508 of 78919

Good day for ravello gunboats
post #46509 of 78919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

Has anyone received BB cordovan shoes through the 30% corporate sale?

I placed an order, but for some reason they keep saying my card is failing to authorize.

I have called them like 7 times this week, and can't help but wonder if its because they don't want to let the unlined LHS go for $448.  None of the customer service reps have given me any reason to believe that this is the case, but my bank said that they have no record of BB even trying to initiate a transaction, while BB says they have tried it on like 5 different occasions.

They ended up canceling my order, after the customer service rep said that wouldn't happen.  As a consequence I lost the 9D.  I made them resubmit a new order identical to the first and manually adjust the price.  I had to go with 9.5D this time, and will hope that a local store has a 9D in stock to exchange.  If not I'll just have to send them back.  They said the 9D is backordered indefinitely.  When I ordered them initially, they had a backorder ship date of 4/8.

Even weirder is that the order status on my BB account says that the first order has been shipped.  Neither of the cards that I gave them has been charged yet. puzzled.gif

I recieved mine a couple days ago.
I've found that with BB it's usually worth the extra $5 for 2nd day shipping as they seem to ship those order out quicker than the ground shipments.
post #46510 of 78919
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewbie View Post

there are a lot of special makeups I currently want, the problem is they're all on Crepe-- which I'm not too into. Anybody have a picture of them wearing crepe that can convince me I'm wrong? Looking for a side view (as opposed to an overheard view).

 

thanks!

You're not wrong.  Its a deal-breaker for many, including me.  However, if you really want the shoe, buy it and have it resoled with something else.

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post


I recieved mine a couple days ago.
I've found that with BB it's usually worth the extra $5 for 2nd day shipping as they seem to ship those order out quicker than the ground shipments.
 
Thanks for the response.

Edit:  What'd ya get?

post #46511 of 78919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

You're not wrong.  Its a deal-breaker for many, including me.  However, if you really want the shoe, buy it and have it resoled with something else.

 

 


 

Edit:  What'd ya get?

Yep.  This is the main reason I didn't go through J.Crew for my LWB in #8.  I just don't like the appearance.  On a tangential note, what is the consensus here on topy'd Aldens if they'll see street wear?

post #46512 of 78919
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

I recieved mine a couple days ago.
I've found that with BB it's usually worth the extra $5 for 2nd day shipping as they seem to ship those order out quicker than the ground shipments.

Yeah difference is over a week at least
post #46513 of 78919
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewbie View Post

there are a lot of special makeups I currently want, the problem is they're all on Crepe-- which I'm not too into. Anybody have a picture of them wearing crepe that can convince me I'm wrong? Looking for a side view (as opposed to an overheard view).

thanks!

The only way to really get comfortable with crepe is to try on a pair. Crepe has a place in the Alden portfolio, IMO. It makes for a good casual sole.
post #46514 of 78919
Suede isn't my thing yet, but Alden is making me reconsider:



http://unionmadegoods.com/Alden_Arthur_Unlined_Suede_Dover_in_Tan_29332F_3602.html
post #46515 of 78919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermitedge View Post

Suede isn't my thing yet, but Alden is making me reconsider:



http://unionmadegoods.com/Alden_Arthur_Unlined_Suede_Dover_in_Tan_29332F_3602.html

I would choose my tan suede Alden PTBs over most of my cordovan models if forced.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***