or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3097

post #46441 of 99021
I have a fit question on a pair of lwb #8. I tried on a pair of 7.5 and 8. The 7.5 was a bit snug in the width but fine in the length. The 8 felt fine but maybe to big. The salesperson measured my foot and told me that the 7.5 would be my size and i also did not need a wide fit. If I go with the 7.5 will they eventually stretch? I have read cordovan does not stretch like calf. If i go with the 8 i am worried about excessive creasing because they maybe to big.
post #46442 of 99021
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn View Post

I have a fit question on a pair of lwb #8. I tried on a pair of 7.5 and 8. The 7.5 was a bit snug in the width but fine in the length. The 8 felt fine but maybe to big. The salesperson measured my foot and told me that the 7.5 would be my size and i also did not need a wide fit. If I go with the 7.5 will they eventually stretch? I have read cordovan does not stretch like calf. If i go with the 8 i am worried about excessive creasing because they maybe to big.

It won't stretch per se, but will loosen up, which does tend to make it feel a bit larger over time. 

post #46443 of 99021
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn View Post

I have a fit question on a pair of lwb #8. I tried on a pair of 7.5 and 8. The 7.5 was a bit snug in the width but fine in the length. The 8 felt fine but maybe to big. The salesperson measured my foot and told me that the 7.5 would be my size and i also did not need a wide fit. If I go with the 7.5 will they eventually stretch? I have read cordovan does not stretch like calf. If i go with the 8 i am worried about excessive creasing because they maybe to big.

how thick of a sock were you wearing? I am always amazed at how much the feel of the fit changes based off the sock I am wearing. I do match up particular thicknesses to particular pairs...

post #46444 of 99021
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

Nope, I have a confirmation that I'm on the list but never any emails are sent out to the list. 

I've never received an email from the Alden DC "special make up" list either, other than the initial confirmation.
post #46445 of 99021

How snug? is the question?

 

And where are they snug?  What part of your foot?

post #46446 of 99021
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

how thick of a sock were you wearing? I am always amazed at how much the feel of the fit changes based off the sock I am wearing. I do match up particular thicknesses to particular pairs...

Agree. I can literally wear either an 8D or 8.5D LWB equally well, depending on the thickness of the socks I'm wearing. 

post #46447 of 99021
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

Agree. I can literally wear either an 8D or 8.5D LWB equally well, depending on the thickness of the socks I'm wearing. 
It is astounding how many people buy really nice shoes and wear cheap cotton socks. They also don't account for how much their feet expand during the day. Merino wool or cashmere/silk over-the-calf socks aren't a large expense after one pays over $700 for some Alden shell cordovan shoes.
post #46448 of 99021
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

It is astounding how many people buy really nice shoes and wear cheap cotton socks. They also don't account for how much their feet expand during the day. Merino wool or cashmere/silk over-the-calf socks aren't a large expense after one pays over $700 for some Alden shell cordovan shoes.

Uniqlo 4 pair for $10 is better for me in terms of everything than any other socks I've worn like sozzi or panthrella however you spell it.
post #46449 of 99021
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Uniqlo 4 pair for $10 is better for me in terms of everything than any other socks I've worn like sozzi or panthrella however you spell it.

I LOVE those socks, actually I'm a fan of all their socks I've tried so far.
post #46450 of 99021
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post


Uniqlo 4 pair for $10 is better for me in terms of everything than any other socks I've worn like sozzi or panthrella however you spell it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermitedge View Post


I LOVE those socks, actually I'm a fan of all their socks I've tried so far.

Which ones are they? Or is it any of them? Looks like they have several choices:

 

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/search/socks

post #46451 of 99021

the multibuy ones.

 

these.

 

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/lifewear/men-color-socks/071183-60

 

best socks of all time.  

 

marled ones are especially nice

post #46452 of 99021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

the multibuy ones.

these.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/lifewear/men-color-socks/071183-60

best socks of all time.  

marled ones are especially nice

Yeah I think I bought 10 pairs of the same 3 colors of the marls, pretty much all their socks are nice and have lasted me forever, have ones from like 2 years ago with no holes yet. Granted I do have like 40 random pairs but one does get lazy and wear the ones you just washed
post #46453 of 99021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

the multibuy ones.

 

these.

 

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/lifewear/men-color-socks/071183-60

 

best socks of all time.  

 

marled ones are especially nice

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post


Yeah I think I bought 10 pairs of the same 3 colors of the marls, pretty much all their socks are nice and have lasted me forever, have ones from like 2 years ago with no holes yet. Granted I do have like 40 random pairs but one does get lazy and wear the ones you just washed

 

Thanks. I think I'll order some. Shipping is $7.00 so probably order a few sets. 

post #46454 of 99021

Also, what color socks go best with Color 8 and jeans?

post #46455 of 99021

Coming Soon: Phototristan Youtube video about Uniqlo Socks. rotflmao.gif

 

(Respectfully jestful, of course) fistbump.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***