or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3090

post #46336 of 91324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

The color 8 longwing on crepe isn't the only cordovan longwing j crew stocks - they also stock the regular longwing on double leather soles at certain stores. Some stores also stock a color 8 straight tip blucher (which is again identical to the standard stock offering)
I definitely did not get the ones with the crepe sole. There is no way I would have bought those.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #46337 of 91324
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post

I did get them at the Rockefeller center store. I couldn't see a difference either, other than the insole mentions J Crew. Thanks for confirming that these are the standard model.

Yeah, they stock color 8 longwings there, as do all of the men's J Crew stores in the city. The 5th avenue J Crew may also stock them as well (I haven't been there in years though, so I can't confirm)
post #46338 of 91324
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkIslander View Post

I know there was a bit of a #4 binge a year ago (the Atoms at Leffot and the Shoemart Boots) has anything else been done in #4 recently? I'm trying to decide if I should hold onto my Atoms.

Keep the Atoms (I assume you mean cigar Atoms). Not only is color 4 basically never available, but cigar, on the whole, IMO, is a better color. nod[1].gif

I have color 4. I wear cigar much more often.
post #46339 of 91324
^ I assumed he was referencing the #4 atoms that Leffot released last year
post #46340 of 91324
Quote:
Originally Posted by david3558 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 

Fellow Bostonian! Beautiful pics - gorgeous day out huh? Must be because it's my birthday shog[1].gif

How'd you get to the mirror toe and what's the routine now?

 

Thanks and Happy Birthday!

 

Mirror toe was a bunch of thin coats of Saphir cordovan colored wax but I thought it a bit too much. Too shiny to dress down. So after the mirror experiment, I gave it a coat of Renovateur and brushed to tone it down a bit. the Reno removes ajust enough wax to remove the mirror shine. Since then (october last year), I've just brushed them every week or two. No product added since then.

post #46341 of 91324
Quote:
Originally Posted by david3558 View Post


Winterbourne, as a soon-to-be-not-student - I've done the whole job search, interview, and internship gig. I saw that you wanted to wear a pin stripe suit with the LWBs but I'd advise against wearing a pin stripe suit to an interview. Find more subtle ways to stand out - but it surely depends on the industry and type of job. Finance and accounting, you gotta keep it boring man - hate to break it to you. Being in marketing, I've been able to add some nice details but I avoid going overboard. Usually I'll do a bolder tie - something like a brighter, powerful purple or a rich dark red/burgundy. Usually I'll pair that with a discreet tie clip to keep the ensemble together. You can't go wrong with a navy or charcoal suit, solid of course.

David

Hey David, thanks for the insight.  I should've been clearer in that post.  A pinstripe suit at a wedding/job interview is what I meant would be peculiar and/or inappropriate.  My career opportunities will likely be in county, state, or federal government.  As far as accountants, tell me about it!  My girlfriend is a recent graduate working at an accounting firm and one of the first things she told me was how plain her coworkers (even young ones) dressed.  I feel bad for her when I see how vapid her work wardrobe has become lately.  I'll bear in mind the matchings you've mentioned though when I go shopping soon (King of Prussia mall), though more than anything I have to make sure all my clothing is tailored; I just can't stand ill-fitting clothes.  I'd rather them be cheaper and fit well than expensive and draped over me.

post #46342 of 91324
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

Thanks and Happy Birthday!

Mirror toe was a bunch of thin coats of Saphir cordovan colored wax but I thought it a bit too much. Too shiny to dress down. So after the mirror experiment, I gave it a coat of Renovateur and brushed to tone it down a bit. the Reno removes ajust enough wax to remove the mirror shine. Since then (october last year), I've just brushed them every week or two. No product added since then.

A warning some would do well to heed.
post #46343 of 91324
NEED INPUT or a VOTE PLEASE! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Here's what I have:
  • Alden 403
  • Alden Cap-toe Boots (Color 8 Shell)
  • Alden Wingtip Balmoral (Black Shell)
  • Alden Perf. Cap-toe Balmoral (Burgundy)
  • Alden Unlined PTB (Blue Suede)
  • Alden Snuff Suede LWB (Brown/Snuff Suede!)
  • Also have Frye LWB is light tan, Red Wing 9111, Red Wing Beckman in Chestnut...

Now, what should I add to this collection? Please keep in mind I'm almost for sure going to add 975s (Color 8 LWBs) and RL Marlow Shell SWBs {I don't know when, only if funds allow}.


Leffot Black Alpine Grain LWB (Plantation Crepe)


Leffot Kudu LWB (Planation Crepe)


Leffot Burnished Tan Atom Blucher


Leffot LWB in Brown Chromexcel


Edit: I placed a preorder for the Black Alpine Grain earlier today, but I wanted to see what others thought. Leffot said they could move my preorder, so it's no big deal.
post #46344 of 91324
Quote:
Originally Posted by david3558 View Post

NEED INPUT or a VOTE PLEASE! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Here's what I have:
  • Alden 403
  • Alden Cap-toe Boots (Color 8 Shell)
  • Alden Wingtip Balmoral (Black Shell)
  • Alden Perf. Cap-toe Balmoral (Burgundy)
  • Alden Unlined PTB (Blue Suede)
  • Alden Snuff Suede LWB (Brown/Snuff Suede!)
  • Also have Frye LWB is light tan, Red Wing 9111, Red Wing Beckman in Chestnut...

Now, what should I add to this collection? Please keep in mind I'm almost for sure going to add 975s (Color 8 LWBs) and RL Marlow Shell SWBs {I don't know when, only if funds allow}.


Leffot Black Alpine Grain LWB (Plantation Crepe)


Leffot Kudu LWB (Planation Crepe)


Leffot Burnished Tan Atom Blucher


Leffot LWB in Brown Chromexcel


Edit: I placed a preorder for the Black Alpine Grain earlier today, but I wanted to see what others thought. Leffot said they could move my preorder, so it's no big deal.

CXL Longwings.
post #46345 of 91324
Quote:
Originally Posted by david3558 View Post

NEED INPUT or a VOTE PLEASE! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Here's what I have:
  • Alden 403
  • Alden Cap-toe Boots (Color 8 Shell)
  • Alden Wingtip Balmoral (Black Shell)
  • Alden Perf. Cap-toe Balmoral (Burgundy)
  • Alden Unlined PTB (Blue Suede)
  • Alden Snuff Suede LWB (Brown/Snuff Suede!)
  • Also have Frye LWB is light tan, Red Wing 9111, Red Wing Beckman in Chestnut...

Now, what should I add to this collection? Please keep in mind I'm almost for sure going to add 975s (Color 8 LWBs) and RL Marlow Shell SWBs {I don't know when, only if funds allow}.


Edit: I placed a preorder for the Black Alpine Grain earlier today, but I wanted to see what others thought. Leffot said they could move my preorder, so it's no big deal.

This:

http://leffot.com/shop/alden-x-leffot-black-cordovan-longwing/
post #46346 of 91324

+1 to CXL LWBs. See some of El Argentino's photos of them, they look superb.

post #46347 of 91324
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

 

It's really a lot better for me. Before my Indy boots felt clunky, now that I sized down they feel just right and frankly a lot more comfy and fun to wear. The difference is a minor one, but for my feet, it became very clear that my Trubalance  size is 8D even though my Barrie size is 8.5D. 

 

I think this can work well in part because Trublance is such a wide last. 

 

Just out of curiosity what size do you wear in athletic shoes? I tried on a pair of 403 Indys at Unionmade and I was surprised that I fit into an 8d. I'm usually a 9.5. I should have tried more on because now I'm back in FL and I have the Alden bug real bad.
post #46348 of 91324
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

Impromptu photo shoot with my color 8 PCT's. They are 7-8 months old and see wear about twice a week.

Sharp! Nothing does more for shell then some stomping about.

And... Go Bruins!
post #46349 of 91324
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

 

It's really a lot better for me. Before my Indy boots felt clunky, now that I sized down they feel just right and frankly a lot more comfy and fun to wear. The difference is a minor one, but for my feet, it became very clear that my Trubalance  size is 8D even though my Barrie size is 8.5D. 

 

I think this can work well in part because Trublance is such a wide last. 

 

 

Just out of curiosity what size to you wear in athletic shoes? I tried on a pair of 403 Indys at Unionmade and I was surprised that I fit into an 8d. I'm usually a 9.5. I should have tried more on because now I'm back in FL and I have the Alden bug real bad.
post #46350 of 91324
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Keep the Atoms (I assume you mean cigar Atoms). Not only is color 4 basically never available, but cigar, on the whole, IMO, is a better color. nod[1].gif

I have color 4. I wear cigar much more often.

I'm talking about the #4 Atom. Cigar Atom is a nice shoe though as well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***