Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3080
Styleforum Top Picks
Read a few posts back about someone getting a pair of Aldens that seemed "tried on" due to the fact that the laces were already in the shoe.
Just curious: have your Alden's arrived with the laces completely separate? I recall that the last two pairs I received had the laces in only the first hole (both left and right).
I think you are referring to my post. The shoes were not already laced up, but you could see the subtle indentations on the tongue created by someone lacing and tying the laces. It wasn't a big deal because that's what it looks like after the first time you lace and tie. I almost always receive my new ones the way you described. The one time I did not was with my whiskey wingtip bal oxfords. The laces were separate in the box which makes sense because the effort required to lace those bals might have created creases right off the bat.
^But they don't show photos of them. You have to know to click on a given style, or do so accidentally, to see if exotic shell stock is available. I had definitely noticed that Whiskey, Cigar, and Ravello disappeared from AoC and Alden Madison sites awhile ago. Interesting to find out why.
For Alden SF, just run a search for whiskey in the keyword search box and it will pull up whiskey models that are available, but no pics. Same for cigar. Same for ravello.
That's what actually bugs me about Alden's consistency though - I had the Barrie SWB in Ravello and was extremely disappointed that the fit was very off. Recently, I decide to give the Barrie a try again and all the LWB's I've been trying on have been spot on. It's really frustrating -_-
Sizing Paranoia Question:
I'm 9C Van/Barrie, 9D Aberdeen/Hampton.
US 9.5D Gucci/Tod's
I typically buy 10D New Balances, but am wondering if I should get my next pairs 9.5D.
The 10Ds don't feel to big, and there is a little room in front of my big toe, but not excessive. (Maybe 1/4 inch)
It just seems weird that my NB size would be a full size up from all of my Alden sizes, and that I'm normally 9.5 in all other shoes.
Can anyone that wears New Balances comment on my predicament or share their sizing experience?
Anyone ever had any "loose stitching" repaired by Alden Restoration or B. Nelson? What exactly do they do and how does it look? like can you tell it has been repaired or does it look exactly like it did before it became loose. Have some loose stitching on several pairs, would it be bad to cut the loose ends?
Be careful with this. I sent back a pair of 403s that I bought from LS, which had a bad stitch in the upper. Alden ended up just cutting the loose thread, and running a new stitch through the outer leather and inner lining. Those boots were beat up, so I wasn't heart broken, but I would have been pissed if they had treated some cordovan in the same way.
The pair I got is second hand and the rubber dovetails on the heel are a bit worn down.
Is it possible for a local cobbler to replace these without replacing the entire heel? I'm new to the game and was hoping you veterans could help me out. Thanks!
- ***The official Alden thread ***
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 13 minutes ago
- › Panta: a first peek at a new high quality pants line 16 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 18 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 19 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015