or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3066

post #45976 of 94001
I really like the color. The example of the indys on J Gilbert's site makes them look a lot darker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

I like the cap toe color 8 boots best:


Alden Capt Toe.jpg
post #45977 of 94001
Another vote for the j crew captoe, that's their best offering
post #45978 of 94001
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunw View Post

Ok, Here is my shot. Pic from 3/17/13 St. Patrick's Day. And an additional pic of me and my youngest...........sporting her favorite new saddles.

Contrary to how they may look, I neither baby nor abuse my aldens. Most get regular wipedowns and application of reno every month or two depending on how much wear they get. My cigar indys are my most casual alden and usually get the nod for a weekend trip to the park with the kids or a romp in the woods with the dog.










The saddles win. We lose.... icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gifnod[1].gif

Nicely "beat" boots... What's the sole?

There's a shot a few pages back of mine after a hike. Yeah, I am actually trying to beat up shell. Problem? biggrin.gif
post #45979 of 94001
Hey everyone - thanks for the feedback; just wanted to be more specific, I'm looking for a LWB. I actually have those Color 8 Captoe Boots already and they are phenomenal icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Glad we seem to all share the same taste there. So, what about them LWBs? biggrin.gif
post #45980 of 94001
Quote:
Originally Posted by david3558 View Post

Hey everyone - thanks for the feedback; just wanted to be more specific, I'm looking for a LWB. I actually have those Color 8 Captoe Boots already and they are phenomenal icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Glad we seem to all share the same taste there. So, what about them LWBs? biggrin.gif

I recently received the #8 on crepe sole. be cautious should you end up going that route, the welt is not natural colored, it's dark

post #45981 of 94001
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

The edge treatments on the Bureau Belfast Alden's are quite nice. I wonder if B Nelson could do the same with my stock 990's?

B Nelson can do it, but the welt will still be dark. Don't know if that's a hang up for you or not.
post #45982 of 94001
Quote:
Originally Posted by david3558 View Post

Hey everyone - thanks for the feedback; just wanted to be more specific, I'm looking for a LWB. I actually have those Color 8 Captoe Boots already and they are phenomenal icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Glad we seem to all share the same taste there. So, what about them LWBs? biggrin.gif
Alden x J Crew Horween Chromexcel LWB.
post #45983 of 94001
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Alden x J Crew Horween Chromexcel LWB.

Hrm, I don't see any LWBs that are just Chromexcel - maybe I'm blind? I know Leffot carries a pair though.
post #45984 of 94001
Quote:
Originally Posted by david3558 View Post

Team SF - thoughts on the offerings on J.Crew? Any that you would pick? I'm digging the LWBs in suede... just can't pick between the darker and lighter ones.

I have the suede longwings from J. Crew and really like them. Mine are the darker shade (I think that was the only shade offered when I got mine) and really like them. I haven't gotten much use out of them over the past few months because of the salt on the roads, sidewalks, and parking lots but in the summer and fall they are one of my favorite shoes to wear around the office with chinos and a madras shirt or a polo.
post #45985 of 94001
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYGGG View Post

B Nelson can do it, but the welt will still be dark. Don't know if that's a hang up for you or not.

Just adding onto this, B Nelson will replace the welt for $40 in addition to the cost of a resole.
Edited by ThArtOfWardrobe - 3/18/13 at 10:56am
post #45986 of 94001
Went with my most comfortable pair today
post #45987 of 94001
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThArtOfWardrobe View Post

Just adding onto this, B Nelson will replace the welt for $40 more than the cost of a resole.

Nice! Was unaware of that, thanks.
post #45988 of 94001
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post


+1, only I would go with camel or tan suede unlined PTBs.  Snuff seems to me to be more of a fall color as it is darker, but both work.

Point is well taken, and reasonable minds can disagree. But I would suggest that snuff is the best color if you are looking for a suede shoe to wear all year. IMO, it absolutely works in the summer.

I agree with all that you say here.

post #45989 of 94001
Quote:
Originally Posted by david3558 View Post

Team SF - thoughts on the offerings on J.Crew? Any that you would pick? I'm digging the LWBs in suede... just can't pick between the darker and lighter ones.

Between the two J Crews offerings in snuff and tan/camel, I would get the snuff just because it has the single oiled sole. I don't hate on the crepe sole but like the oiled sole better.

However, I've got a pair of snuff LWBs in almost that exact configuration and also a pair of tan suede wing tips.
I find myself wearing the tan much more often than the snuff.
post #45990 of 94001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countingsheep View Post


The saddles win. We lose.... icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gifnod[1].gif

Nicely "beat" boots... What's the sole?

There's a shot a few pages back of mine after a hike. Yeah, I am actually trying to beat up shell. Problem? biggrin.gif

Commando sole, mine are theshoemarts version with all eyelets, about a year old at this point. My three year old daughter can pull off saddles, for me though........not really my style.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***