or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3064

post #45946 of 94411
Thanks! Argh, figured, they don't go down to 6.5D...
post #45947 of 94411
Unlined suede chukkas today
post #45948 of 94411

May I ask what are the advantages and disadvantages of crepe sole? 

 

post #45949 of 94411

Wow, those are just plain awesome.
Has anyone ever ordered from them? Experiences?

Thanks.
post #45950 of 94411
The edge treatments on the Bureau Belfast Alden's are quite nice. I wonder if B Nelson could do the same with my stock 990's?
post #45951 of 94411

Ok, Here is my shot. Pic from 3/17/13 St. Patrick's Day. And an additional pic of me and my youngest...........sporting her favorite new saddles.

 

Contrary to how they may look, I neither baby nor abuse my aldens. Most get regular wipedowns and application of reno every month or two depending on how much wear they get. My cigar indys are my most casual alden and usually get the nod for a weekend trip to the park with the kids or a romp in the woods with the dog.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countingsheep View Post


Same shot from a week ago. This is my base line

uty5aqe3.jpg
post #45952 of 94411

Hi Folks,

 

First of all, thanks for the earlier post tipping me off on the plaza indys at Frans B. I'm thinking about it heavily now and will follow up with a couple of questions shortly.

 

More pressing at the moment is a mini shoe emergency I'm hoping one of you gents can assist with. I was busy multitasking this morning and trying to get my son to school on time when I noticed a couple of drops of something on my alpine grain wt boot. I'm not sure exactly what it was. My best guess is toothpaste (with peroxide), as I was brushing my teeth and packing lunch at the same time. The other nominees are dish soap or the veggie smoothie I made with the vitamix this morning.

 

 

 

 

I've tried taking a damp cloth and much brushing with the horsehair brush several times. However, these two stubborn circular stains remain just in front of the foremost right eyelet. Any suggestions on what I can do to remove or cover this stain? I haven't yet placed my order with the Hanger Project folks. I was thinking I could take my cheap Kiwi saddle soap to the vamp, but I'm concerned about darkening or ruining things further. Is my only solution to go with Saphir Renovateur or Renomat?

 

Sure hope I haven't made a $500 mistake by multitasking this morning. So much for staying in the present moment.

 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

d

post #45953 of 94411
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post


Wow, those are just plain awesome.
Has anyone ever ordered from them? Experiences?

Thanks.

The Bureau are great.
They ship pretty quickly via 2nd or 3rd day fedex international.
Never had to pay duty or brokerage on anything from them.
post #45954 of 94411
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Gentlemen I would like to make small request, I know must of us are shell heads however with summer around the corner, I am looking for ideas for a suede option. This will be my first introduction to suede, if possible please post pictures of your favorite suede make ups.

Snuff suede unlined PTB


+1, only I would go with camel or tan suede unlined PTBs.  Snuff seems to me to be more of a fall color as it is darker, but both work.


Edited by ReppTiePrepster - 3/18/13 at 8:01am
post #45955 of 94411
Quote:
Originally Posted by docalden2013 View Post

More pressing at the moment is a mini shoe emergency I'm hoping one of you gents can assist with. I was busy multitasking this morning and trying to get my son to school on time when I noticed a couple of drops of something on my alpine grain wt boot. I'm not sure exactly what it was. My best guess is toothpaste (with peroxide), as I was brushing my teeth and packing lunch at the same time. The other nominees are dish soap or the veggie smoothie I made with the vitamix this morning.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



I've tried taking a damp cloth and much brushing with the horsehair brush several times. However, these two stubborn circular stains remain just in front of the foremost right eyelet. Any suggestions on what I can do to remove or cover this stain? I haven't yet placed my order with the Hanger Project folks. I was thinking I could take my cheap Kiwi saddle soap to the vamp, but I'm concerned about darkening or ruining things further. Is my only solution to go with Saphir Renovateur or Renomat?

Sure hope I haven't made a $500 mistake by multitasking this morning. So much for staying in the present moment.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
d

You say it just happened this morning? I would give it some time. It could just be water drops from the bathroom or something from the kitchen. I have a couple pair of Alpine grain shoes (and used to have the same boots you are wearing) and get those spots on them from time to time and they always go away after a while - sometimes that may take an hour or longer. I think it's just the nature of that type of leather. I would just give it some time before I would recommend putting any product on it.
post #45956 of 94411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner View Post


You say it just happened this morning? I would give it some time. It could just be water drops from the bathroom or something from the kitchen. I have a couple pair of Alpine grain shoes (and used to have the same boots you are wearing) and get those spots on them from time to time and they always go away after a while - sometimes that may take an hour or longer. I think it's just the nature of that type of leather. I would just give it some time before I would recommend putting any product on it.

Thanks, MP. I'll try to sit tight. I thought the same, but it's been 90 minutes and the two darn spots are still there, albeit a bit less dark than they had been at 8:30 am when I noticed it initially.

 

If those spots are still there come lunch time, any suggestions on a quick hack? I was thinking of swinging home around lunchtime to try the saddle soap intervention, although I am aware that my lack of BNelson skills may result in even more of a catastrophe. Guess I'll just have to stop brushing my teeth...

post #45957 of 94411
Quote:
Originally Posted by docalden2013 View Post

Thanks, MP. I'll try to sit tight. I thought the same, but it's been 90 minutes and the two darn spots are still there, albeit a bit less dark than they had been at 8:30 am when I noticed it initially.

If those spots are still there come lunch time, any suggestions on a quick hack?

If it were me and the spots were still there at the end of the day, and I couldn't remove them with some vigorous brushing, well, then the spots would be there for life. Those spots don't look large enough to really bother me enough to try anything more than my normal cleaning routine on them. You have to remember - the boots are only new until you put your feet in them! fing02[1].gif
post #45958 of 94411

Hi, 

 

I was looking to get my first pair of aldens and I narrowed it down to the Indy 403's. Can it be found with a commando sole anywhere or is this just a special order item?

 

Also, I've seen pics of the cigar Indys from Leffot. Is that a shoe of the past or can they be preordered somewhere?

 

Thanks so much. I can't tell you how much time I've wasted on this thread in the past couple of days.

 

owen

post #45959 of 94411

Looking to trade my Alden size 9D for a smaller size, 8.5. They are the 920 dark brown calfskin. This was the first pair of decent shoes that I purchased. I have worn them twice a week for 4 months in the office. They are in great shape- they have some small normal creases and wear on the soles. I didn't realize that Alden's run a big large and I think a smaller size would suit me better. I still have the box and shoe bags. Trade does not have to be for the exact same style, but something dressy I can wear to the office.

post #45960 of 94411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlbass View Post

Hi, 

I was looking to get my first pair of aldens and I narrowed it down to the Indy 403's. Can it be found with a commando sole anywhere or is this just a special order item?

Also, I've seen pics of the cigar Indys from Leffot. Is that a shoe of the past or can they be preordered somewhere?



Thanks so much. I can't tell you how much time I've wasted on this thread in the past couple of days.

owen

Not sure anywhere has the cigar indy but I bet it will pop up some day. That might be a few years though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***