Whiskey is today's choice
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Black Park Ave 10.5 EE Drop (MacNeil and Aldens are sold) Last post on 1/2/12 at 7:39am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Alden x LeatherSoul Natty Longwings LWB 9D Last post on 1/20/13 at 2:12pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- My girlfriend just bought me these Alden LWB color 8! Show yours off! Last post on 11/30/12 at 10:35am in Classic Menswear
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Allen Edmonds vs. Alden--Which American Great Do You Prefer?!! OFFICIAL Last post on 2/9/14 at 3:11pm in Classic Menswear
5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for different occasion
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3045
Styleforum Top Picks
Thanks for the link, unfortunate they have no E widths... Oh well, guess the Cigar longwings that are on the way to me are probably enough for now.
Does anyone know how long the Brooks Brothers corporate sale is going on, or is it already over? A little late to put some Alden's in the cart, but I need a jacket.
See bold text below...
Just saved my Dad $200 bucks on a new pair of Unlined LHS from BB using the 30% corporate discount. Got myself a pair of Mocha Kid Suede Tassels. We'll see how they look in person, they might be too flamboyant for me. However, I've never bought a pair of Aldens and then decided against them on arrival.
Edit: Looks like they may have left them up on the website, in case anyone forgot to add them to their cart before midnight.
The pair I ordered for my dad won't ship till 4/8, but I see what you mean, some sizes aren't listed. I guess that means they aren't in stock and aren't expected to be.
Will do! I would be fine with or without it. Originally I preferred the foxing, but now that I have two shell pairs without it, that design has grown on me.
Thinking of sanding the sole edges and re-staining them antique, but we'll see.
I hear that, especially NY sales tax, 8.9%
From what I can tell the biggest difference is that they are much more flexible and lighter. Combined with the single flex-sole it makes a huge difference in comfort after a long day. Not to mention there appears to be absolutely no break-in period like there would be with a double leather sole. I previously noticed this in unlined LHS as well - they were comfortable right out of the box while standard LHS took a while to loosen up, particularly across the strap. Many prefer unlined shoes when going sockless because it breathes better, although I'm not an advocate of that look. CTYGGG has posted many pics of his unlined PTBs here so perhaps he can add some first hand details.
I think Leather Soul made the original run in 2009 and both they and Alden SF followed up with more in 2012. I asked Tom Park and Alden SF and they both said they were not planning to make any more so I jumped when I heard that DC had these on order. In addition to improved comfort, to me the lower profile sole makes this look much more business-appropriate than the standard PTB.
those do look great, I definitely prefer the dover pattern on the PTB. I have always been a little leery of this unlined version as I'm not a big fan of excessive creasing. Though, if the sizing is dialed in really well the creasing might not be more than usual???
I have a Cordovan color belt from J&M that I wear for dress and one from Rancourt for casual wear.
Neither are shell.
- ***The official Alden thread ***
- › No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread 34 seconds ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 1 minute ago
- › PRL Blue Label sports jacket fits like 40L 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 mile 744 LTD Boots 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforummarket MTO Makeup: Smoke Grey Kudu Roughout... 7 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › 5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for... by mahnoormalik
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw