or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3018

post #45256 of 87835

Frans Boone has a Nat CXL boot that is really great. They were a very popular boots when I was a kid. 

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #45257 of 87835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina View Post

Any difference between Scotch grain and Alpine grain?


alpine grain is more of a crosshatch texture, and kind of gives me the heeby jeebies.

scotch/pebble grain, on the other hand, has a bigger pattern with a pebble
post #45258 of 87835

Hi All, I'm new to Alden and these are my first shells (also my very first post!).  I'm looking forward to breaking them in with the Mac method.  Thank you all for your informative posts!  Left to right - Cigar PTB from Alden NYC, Ravello LWB from Alden DC, and Color 8 LHS from Sherman Brothers.

post #45259 of 87835
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Sorry dr, missed that earlier part of the post. Beautiful make up none the less. My shoe "habit" is really cutting into my watch fund. At this rate I should pick up my iwc portugese in idk mid June....of 2020 frown.gif

No worries but Steven @ Leffot typically orders standard sizes so if you want the boots I'd recommend reserving a pair. It does take time but the Day Trippers are great especially because they are on the Grand and are on single waterlock.

Speaking of Leffot:
Untitled
post #45260 of 87835
Cigar Grant Caps today

AA61A8F3-E204-4107-A8DE-54062EF21C42-14128-00000D58404E96A1_zpsa3d5333b.jpg
ED836557-E34A-450E-B2FD-1C79BB810473-14128-00000D583DE7016F_zps9066e704.jpg
post #45261 of 87835
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

I love how natural CXL ages and darkens. Yours may end up looking much closer to the brown over time if you prefer the darker color. I think they are developing a nice rich patina. IMO natural CXL has more depth than brown CXL but it takes a while to get there.

I recently picked up Oak Street's trench boot in natural CXL. It's coming along nicely but it's only been a couple of months. For reference:



thanks for the input. i completely agree that the appeal of natural cxl is how it ages. i almost got those oak st trench boots when they first came out, they look great. i also have a pair of quoddy chukkas in natural cxl that is closer in color to those trench boots. the alden pair are much lighter.
post #45262 of 87835
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post


Nat CXL is one of my favorite leathers. Not to derail this thread, but curious to know what you guys think of these boots. How are they comfort wise compared to Alden boots?

I love 'em. They are as comfortable as my Alden shell Captoe boots. Fit wise they compare well to the Barrie in terms of toe & heel room, which works well for me. I think they look sleeker than the barrie and they run TTS as opposed to a half size down like the Barrie. They are fantastically comfortable and I like the shape and overall balance of the last.
post #45263 of 87835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

I think it depends on the last. Full toe good for van/lhs. Probably wouldn't be good for aberdeen tassels.

In my experience I would not recommend using full toe trees on LHS. I did so once and after only a few days I could definitely feel they had been widened across the vamp, which I did not like at all because it made the fit sloppy. This was using size M full toe trees on a 8.5B/D unlined LHS so perhaps I should have used a size S but I never had any trouble using size M split toe trees on other pairs of LHS. I have used full toe trees for barrie lasted LWB and PTB wth no problem.
post #45264 of 87835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

Cigar Grant Caps today

AA61A8F3-E204-4107-A8DE-54062EF21C42-14128-00000D58404E96A1_zpsa3d5333b.jpg
ED836557-E34A-450E-B2FD-1C79BB810473-14128-00000D583DE7016F_zps9066e704.jpg
Your feet look happy. Gotta be the argyles.
post #45265 of 87835
My humble Alden/shell family. Marlows included for fun. The natty longwings are crepe sole which I find I don't like very much. They are comfortable but the look just isn't my favorite. They might end up on B&S soon, unless Leathersoul comes out with something I really like and let's me exchange them

ebedu5u3.jpg
post #45266 of 87835
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post


No worries but Steven @ Leffot typically orders standard sizes so if you want the boots I'd recommend reserving a pair. It does take time but the Day Trippers are great especially because they are on the Grand and are on single waterlock.

Speaking of Leffot:
Untitled

They are absolutely gorgeous.

post #45267 of 87835

Does anyone have the JGilbert list of shoes for 2013 that you can PM me?

 

Tnx.

post #45268 of 87835
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr chorizo View Post


alpine grain is more of a crosshatch texture, and kind of gives me the heeby jeebies.

scotch/pebble grain, on the other hand, has a bigger pattern with a pebble

hahaha...interesting

post #45269 of 87835
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandchau View Post

Hi All, I'm new to Alden and these are my first shells (also my very first post!).  I'm looking forward to breaking them in with the Mac method.  Thank you all for your informative posts!  Left to right - Cigar PTB from Alden NYC, Ravello LWB from Alden DC, and Color 8 LHS from Sherman Brothers.

beautiful! that is a large number of uncreased shell shoes in a single post.

post #45270 of 87835

BB unlined LHS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***