Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3000
Styleforum Top Picks
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think you could make it work, are they shell or calf or suede?
Apparently the buyer is supposed to ship them back to me on his dime (at least that part is reasonable), and then he gets a refund for the purchase price.
I don't know man. Whatever his motivation, it's clear he didn't ultimately care who made them, because he escalated it to a formal claim after I gave him all that evidence of the maker. Maybe some buyer's remorse and he figured there's nothing to lose if he files a claim (after all, if PayPal decided in favor of me, nothing happens)?
I have been able to use the corporate discount online in the past, but ever since BB's semi-recent website update, I have not been able to use it online.
I think the 30% corporate discount is supposed to come after the current sale.
Ya, I thought it was supposed to start at Midnight ET, no?
I'm looking for some advice on what is "normal" for cordovan leather shoe finishing and quality. I ordered some #8 cordovan boots from Shoemart. One of the boots that arrived appears to have a pretty serious wrinkle on the top part of the boot. Is this normal? Should I send it back? Would this be considered a factory second?
Also, both boots have some pits or wrinkles in the sides of the toes - they aren't smooth. One of them looks like this:
Definitely not as well finished or flawless to me as the #8 cordovan cap toe from J Crew that just arrived today. Would these be considered defects or is this expected?
Any input greatly appreciated.
Bump... Any advice on this? Also, any ideas why my posts seem to take 24 hours to appear, and by the time they do, they are buried in the thread?
It was mentioned earlier that it starts on the 14th. I was trying to play around with it for the first time on some cordovan, and I don't see where I would enter the corp. discount card #... unless the % is taken off automatically after I enter my CC info, which I haven't tried yet.
I have the Color #8 chukkas but still want a pair of the brown CXL chukkas as well. The leather on each is different enough that I wouldn't feel like the boots were too similar. If one likes chukkas, they can both have a place in your wardrobe.
Since they redid the website, you now just add your corporate card info to your profile once and it remembers you each time you login. The problem is that you cannot see the discount until the last page where you verify your order. Go through checkout and put in your payment info and proceed to the next page (you can still back out after this step). At this last "place your order" page you can then finally see the discount that is applied. If you want to test it out the everyday corporate discount of 15% should be applied on that last page today.
As a reminder, add any cordovans you might want to your cart by Wed. In the past Brooks has removed all evidence of these shoes during major sales and sometimes you can't find them even if you search by their catalog number. However, I have found that if cordovans are saved in your cart before the sale starts then they should still be there during the sale, although if you delete them (to change a size or color, for example) then they disappear. So add everything you think you might be interested in to your cart early and decide on Thursday.
While they may have changed things, I can verify that I did this procedure for the last corporate sale in October and it worked fine. And this was after they had switched to the new website design.
- ***The official Alden thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › SW&D Leather Jacket Challenge: September 15 - October 6 2015 1 minute ago
- › 2015 MLB Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 5 minutes ago
- › NWT John Varvatos Slim Tie Hand Made in Italy 100% Silk MSRP $145.00 5 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 7 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth