Not sure if this has already been noted but the current BB sale includes cordovan ($100 off purchases over $500, $200 off purchases over $800). I felt obligated to order a pair of LHS for BB in #8.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2985
Styleforum Top Picks
Edited by BeSpiffington - 3/4/13 at 2:48pm
As to the issue of using colored laces I'm all for it. When partnered with matching socks, I prefer argyles, I've always gotten compliments, especially from the ladies. They are definitely a conversation starter which draws interest and positive attention to a gentleman's footwear. Putting in coloured laces is also a good reminder to buff your shoes before stepping out.
Thanks, Be. I've had similar experiences. Women enjoy playful socks and laces apparently.
As to the issue of using colored laces I'm all for it. When partnered with matching socks, I prefer argyles, I've always gotten compliments, especially from the ladies. They are definitely a conversation starter which draws interest and positive attention to a gentleman's footwear. Putting in coloured laces is a good reminder to buff your shoes before stepping out. It's also just a fun thing to do.
What is the best place to get colored laces? I want to put in a order for a bunch of pairs.
Where is steeple chase? I've been looking for more places to buy real shoes since i've been in Cincy.
I ordered 3 pairs from Benjo's. Not bad, but a little $ for some shoe laces. These are "pauls loft" from benjo's and the pink ones I posted earlier are "la rosa" I got a pair of flat waxed in green from them for my indy boots and the color isn't that great.
Allen Edmond's replacement on ebay for $5 or so, they might be a good alternative. This isn't my auction, nor do I have any interest with the seller: http://www.ebay.com/itm/290856895541?var=590102570934&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
I'm not sure if I'm aloud to link to ebay?
Shoelaces express has a huge selection of materials, styles, colors, etc (don't let the lame Internet 1.5 website scare you off). I initially found them when searching for kevlar laces. Not many style options, but for boots, they would be last pair you'd ever need.
Anyone know where I can try to get my hands on a pair of Indy Boots in Natural Chromexcel (9D).
Leffot : Pre-Orders are gone
Shoemart : None available in 9D
North River Outfitters : Less than favorable reviews of available stock/service
Unionmade : Swung by the shop and the person I asked said they weren't expecting any in the near future.
Any info on where to snag a pair would be appreciated. Thanks!
Two Weeks ago, I got a pair (size 9.) at the Alden store, downtown San Francisco-- tried size 9d during the process
I'm not worried about the bow, but the intense restriction feeling sorta kinda kills me. I know they're new and can be stretched, but for $500 I don't want to be in pain/lose circulation. thoughts on amount of break-in/give? Store said I could return/have them stretched if need be.
the store ordered them very narrow for my feet. they fit snug--maybe too snug.
- ***The official Alden thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 23 seconds ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 44 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 48 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 53 seconds ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 2 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 8 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 12 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015