I think after my pre-orders this year come through I have to get out of the game as well. Unless I can sell a pair, no new pairs. My COLAs at work surely aren't keeping up with it...
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2972
Styleforum Top Picks
I want to like these, and I appreciate the fact that they aren't on the barrie, but I think I prefer a traditional shortwing blucher or longwing.
hmm never thought about those.. what do they typically sell for on sale? curious if it's worth waiting for.. TTS?
out of stock in 11.5 sadly.
I've been thinking a lot about this very issue of how to know when one is done gathering Aldens (cf, Freud's paper "Analysis Terminable and Interminable"). It's been a very expensive month after having been caught up in the wonderful pictures you guys have been sharing and in the exuberance we all have for these awesome shoes. I imagine my Alden collection hardly begins to approximate the depth and breadth of what you long-time aficionados have going on in the shoe closet, but I've already found in this short span of time that I have yet to wear through a complete batting rotation. Moreover, the Alden virus has not only decimated my former AE fever, but makes me feel guilty about skipping the red AE shoe bags every morning. How many of you guys actually wear shoes from other brands (and, no, the sneakers you wear to the gym don't count!)
Just curious, how do you guys decide which Aldens (or other shoe brands, for that matter) to wear? I feel like it's time to start adhering to going through the batting rotation just to make it worth the money spent.
That said, every time you guys talk about another fascinating makeup, I can't help but say to myself, "I could definitely make good use out of that. My kid doesn't really need a college fund, does he?"
Of course, this might just be my own idiosyncratic neurosis; but, I'd be relieved if I'm not the only one afflicted.
I've got 7 Pairs of Aldens, all shell.
LHS - Black, 8, Cigar
Tassel - 8, Cigar
PCT - Black 8
Today I wore my Espresso Shell Rancourt Blake Boots
Bean Boots when its real ugly or walking the dogs off-road
got black and brown Gucci Horse-bit loafers
Brown Suede Tod's driving mocs
another pair of brown calf hand-sewn penny loafers (Peal & Co from BB)
will probably buy a pair of Rancourt CXL Boat-like shoes (custom hybrid design I have been cooking up)
New balances when I dress it down.
...already an excessive collection by any other standard than ours.
Thanks, that's helpful since I have a pair of Whiskey LWB on their waitlist!
Man, all I am looking for now:
-Whiskey boots, prefer NST (Barrie from Leffot) but will take anything, maybe Indy from Alden NY
-Cigar boots, prefer NST (Barrie from LS) but will probably settle for an Indy or straight tip
-#8 wingtip boots (Barrie) with natural edge. I know LS had these and Union did something like this
-#8 PTB with natural edge... anyone know to find these?
This would settle my 1 pair of boots & 1 pair of shoes per color
that all you are looking for?
- ***The official Alden thread ***
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 13 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 15 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 40 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 42 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 51 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 51 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Mcallister | Cappuccino Shell Cordovan | BRAND NEW 8.5E 53 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015