The LWB does not work for me. Kathy and Joe were good enough to hook me up with the captoes on the Aberdeen. These are a perfect fit.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2949
Styleforum Top Picks
Well I just wanted to add my new captoes to those posting new shoes. Also, I was helped by Kathy in at the Alden store in D.C. on these. Thanks, Kathy. These may become my favorites.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
NVM. See that they're on the Aberdeen last. Congrats! Those look nice.
Tell me they don't have more of those.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Tell me they don't have more of those.
Go to the Alden San Francisco website. They have 7, 9, 9.5, and 10.5 in this cigar straight tip blucher. I wouldn't be surprised if Alden DC has more. Great shoe. Nearly pulled the trigger several weeks ago but a whiskey wingtip bal got in the way.
PSA: J Crew has a 20% off plus free shipping between now and March 2nd. Promotion Code: CYWL4KPFG
I tried it on a pair of Alden color 8 chukkas and they are now going for $520! Wish I had a desire for any of their AVAILABLE Alden offerings! That Ravello would have been sweet for $560!
Interesting that you say the 744 is the same color as the brown cordovan strand, as I was under the impression that they were different shades. I should probably do a family pic as well to show the AE Walnut, AE Truffle, AE Brown, AE Burgandy/#8, Alden Ravello, and Alden Whiskey in my possession.
If you go on a hunt for the LWB, let me know if you spot any 12's.
I'm going in most part by what Nick Horween posted on AAAC which is very little and I have done a lot of research on it, that seems to be the only knowledge base I have found. And I would hope that you PLEASE DO post some pictures for a comparison! The Alden Ravello at first were a disappointment to me. They were almost a perfect match for my walnut chukkas which was not what I was expecting... However after just a short time in the real world with UV the red is really coming out, after a couple of wears they are starting to distinguish themselves: on the right compared to 3 walnut shells on the left:
The Dalton to the left has aged beautifully to a perfect walnut color, the strand and Dundee are darker. The Alden Ravello is very new and thanks to Ryanfan I was able to purchase it through Alden NY (Madison). At first I was disappointed, it was almost a perfect match for the walnut chukkas. But in a week and a half time and lots of the "method" has already come out with better red highlights than when new. Time, UV, and finishing processes all come into play. I was afraid that whiskey would be too close of a match, but looks like Ravello is actually closer in my case.
Found a recent picture I took with the C&J for RL Marlow and some other brown shell for comparison. The C&J is between the 744's.Shell Dalton's to the right with what I would consider a true walnut color. Dark brown to the far left.
And at the risk of getting shot on this thread here are the 5 AE shell colors without the Alden Ravello which I need to get into a new picture to be included. Could care less, the sound of the bullets going by your head are almost secondary to the flinch you get from the muzzle flash you first see in real life, and I really don't give a damn if it helps someone else out. Bottom left up- #8, Black, walnut, front bottom: dark brown, truffle AKA:cappuccino.
Uh Oh... The last time you made a statement like that Seven I found myself purchasing the Alden Chukkas in Ravello when you were wearing the whiskey chukkas. Well guess by now I have learned that I might as well just transfer money from my savings to checking because there must be a pair of cigar Alden LWB in my future. And thanks for the heads up!
6th year of preference points in Co. for the chance to get a shot at Royal bull elk (6x6). So I understand what it takes to pull a tag for a unicorn. Fingers crossed! And good hunting....
- ***The official Alden thread ***
- › NEW AUTHENTIC CERRUTI 1881 OUTDOOR SILVER FOUNTAIN PEN & BALLPOINT 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 7 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 23 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 25 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 28 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 30 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 36 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 43 minutes ago
- › Gustin, an incredible business and an incredible opportunity for style 46 minutes ago
- › NIB Carmina Semi Brogue Tanned Calf UK 7.5 Rain 48 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...