or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2935

post #44011 of 91454
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfrog View Post


damn, your natty cxl gunboats are looking awesome! how are you caring for them? brushing and occasional reno?

 

Second this, those are rad

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #44012 of 91454
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThArtOfWardrobe View Post

Second this, those are rad

I love the rad comment
post #44013 of 91454
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

That LS medallion toe boot looks odd to me without the perforated cap. With the cap, that would be a killer.

+1
post #44014 of 91454
Quote:
Originally Posted by dslonghorn4 View Post

My humble shell collection after a family shine.

Nice collection, also it's good to see another Alden fan in Austin Texas! Hook 'em!

post #44015 of 91454
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfrog View Post

damn, your natty cxl gunboats are looking awesome! how are you caring for them? brushing and occasional reno?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThArtOfWardrobe View Post

Second this, those are rad

TBH, this was only their 3rd or 4th wearing out - so no real care yet. I brush them after every wearing for 3-5 minutes a shoe, and that's been it thus far.

When the time comes, I do use Saphir Renovateur on my CXL (pair of Indy Boots too).

Thank you both for the kind words -
post #44016 of 91454
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

I had the same sizing question about the LHS. None other than Uncle Mac himself posted that if I wore an 11D in my Barrie size I would be an 11D in the Van. Of course he was right.

That also depends on whether it's lined or unlined.

post #44017 of 91454
Anyone know if the edge trim on the whiskey LWB from Alden SF is light or dark?
post #44018 of 91454
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

I had the same sizing question about the LHS. None other than Uncle Mac himself posted that if I wore an 11D in my Barrie size I would be an 11D in the Van. Of course he was right.

Most on this thread would do one of two things in regards to van sizing:

1 same as Barrie
2 Barrie size minus one width

I go with no. 2.
post #44019 of 91454
Quote:
Originally Posted by violethour1951 View Post

That also depends on whether it's lined or unlined.

I wear the same size in my lined and unlined LHS, but I do know that others do not.
post #44020 of 91454
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypomnema View Post

Anyone know if the edge trim on the whiskey LWB from Alden SF is light or dark?

I should receive mine next week. I belive it's light.
post #44021 of 91454
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypomnema View Post

Anyone know if the edge trim on the whiskey LWB from Alden SF is light or dark?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post


I should receive mine next week. I belive it's light.

 

 

Here's a pic of the edge trim from the same run. Picked these up last week from Alden SF

 

post #44022 of 91454
A previous poster mentioned pre order for ravello boots at TSM, can they be preordered on line?
post #44023 of 91454
A previous poster mentioned pre order for ravello boots at TSM, can they be preordered on line?
post #44024 of 91454
Quote:
Originally Posted by azima View Post



Here's a pic of the edge trim from the same run. Picked these up last
week from Alden SF

$


post #44025 of 91454
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

A previous poster mentioned pre order for ravello boots at TSM, can they be preordered on line?

I'm curious about this as well. I actually didn't know that TSM did pre-orders in general.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***