or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2899

post #43471 of 87601
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100 yrs View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 

something to consider - i found the commando sole + black combo to be too militaristic, much preferred the double leather soles on black boots

natural cxl chukka from pelle line:


 

I like the natural storm welt

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #43472 of 87601
LS shortwings on VDAY

post #43473 of 87601
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post


Seven, how does the 974 (wintip bal oxford) compare to the BB version?  I think they are different lasts, but is the sizing the same?  I know the Tremont is somewhat nebulous in terms of sizing, but are they about the same?  Also, how about the shape of the last?  Thanks!

This is one of the only models where the Alden for BB version is, IMO, quite different than the factory version. I own both versions in color 8. The BB version is on a sleeker last (M-75, like Plaza). The factory version - 974 - is, as you say, on the Tremont. I went 1/2 size down on the 974 Tremont and TTS on the BB version. Hope this helps. biggrin.gif
post #43474 of 87601
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

This is one of the only models where the Alden for BB version is, IMO, quite different than the factory version. I own both versions in color 8. The BB version is on a sleeker last (M-75, like Plaza). The factory version - 974 - is, as you say, on the Tremont. I went 1/2 size down on the 974 Tremont and TTS on the BB version. Hope this helps. biggrin.gif

Sevenfold, do you know the differences between the M-75 and the Plaza last? BTW, reviews on the BB site say they are on the Plaza. I trust you more than I trust any of the reviewers.
post #43475 of 87601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

I'm considering a couple of black captoe boot models

Alden DC - Grant, straight tip captoe, commando sole, speed hooks
Alden NYC - Grant, straight tip captoe, double leather sole, all eyelets

I want the boot to be as versatile as possible... My question is do any of you wear your commando soled boots with sleeker lasts (grant, plaza, etc) with suits? I'd like to be able to wear this boot with a suit occasionally.

This is probably the dressiest boot Alden makes, when one considers the Grant last, all eyelets, and leather sole. This exact boot, made on the Plaza, would be dressier even still.


Either boot would work; and the commando version - given its ability to be worn more easily in snow and slush, if needed - is perhaps even more versatile. For me, personally (in 8), I went with the commando version. I don't wear them with suits. But I have no objection whatsoever if others do.
post #43476 of 87601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post

Sevenfold, do you know the differences between the M-75 and the Plaza last? BTW, reviews on the BB site say they are on the Plaza. I trust you more than I trust any of the reviewers.

Few differences. If anything, I find the Plaza to have a bit more space in the toe box , but not by much. At least that is my experience. For the M-75, get your Plaza size.

I know these are on the M-75 by way of direct email communications with Alden. FWIW, I have a contact person at Alden HQ that is wonderful in responding to my requests for information and confirmation. nod[1].gif

I also have the BB version in black shell. biggrin.gif
post #43477 of 87601
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Few differences. If anything, I find the Plaza to have a bit more space in the toe box , but not by much. At least that is my experience. For the M-75, get your Plaza size.

I know these are on the M-75 by way of direct email communications with Alden. FWIW, I have a contact person at Alden HQ that is wonderful in responding to my requests for information and confirmation. nod[1].gif

I also have the BB version in black shell. biggrin.gif

Thanks. That's why I said I would trust you over the reviewers. nod[1].gif
post #43478 of 87601
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr chorizo View Post

LS shortwings on VDAY


These are awesome. The shortwing blucher in any shell is one of Aldens top offerengs imo.

It's a sexy shoe in black shell icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #43479 of 87601
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100 yrs View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

something to consider - i found the commando sole + black combo to be too militaristic, much preferred the double leather soles on black boots

natural cxl chukka from pelle line:




These are fantastic. Awesome summer option when you dont feel like suede
post #43480 of 87601
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr chorizo View Post

LS shortwings on VDAY

 

Nice jeans.  Are those Momo 702's?  They look almost black (maybe they are).

post #43481 of 87601
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtaylor View Post

 

Currently in AE i have:

 

Shell Burgundy Dalton, Brown Malvern, Tan Amok, Grey McTavish, Black Westchester, Black Hale, Black Park Ave,

 

Tan RL Singleton, Blue Neumok, Red Neumok, Navy Sueded Players, Brown Patriot, Brown Fifth Ave, Dark Brown Williams,

 

Tan RL Sanderson, Bourbon Neumora, Walnut Grain Park Ave, Chili Lasalle, Tan Elgin, Walnut McAllister, Walnut Strand

 

 

So definitely need more shell I think

 

I'm pretty new here, but I would start with the 990 PTB.  I don't know what all of those shoes you listed are, so maybe you already have something similar.

post #43482 of 87601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcbrown3 View Post

Who has the #8 LWB?

Do you mean who owns it or who sells it?

 

I just got a pair like a week ago from Hunt Club clothiers in Cincinnati.

post #43483 of 87601
Quote:
Originally Posted by digga View Post

I'm pretty new here, but I would start with the 990 PTB.  I don't know what all of those shoes you listed are, so maybe you already have something similar.
I concure whole heartily. The Alden 990 PTB in #8 shell was my first. Fantastically versital and comfortable shoe.
post #43484 of 87601
Epaulet has a very cool calf boot they'll be putting up soon.
post #43485 of 87601
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficeLinebacke View Post

Do you mean who owns it or who sells it?

 

I just got a pair like a week ago from Hunt Club clothiers in Cincinnati.

 

I also got a LWB from Hunt Club a week ago.  Speaking of which, they said the next sale will be in July.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***