or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2892

post #43366 of 87437
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post


I know. It just seems wrong to put such nice shoes in some $20.00 Tingleys.

you could always spend more on Swims if it makes you feel better biggrin.gif

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #43367 of 87437

ravello ptb x leffot

 

 

post #43368 of 87437
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

ravello ptb x leffot

 

 

 

Awsome shoes. 

post #43369 of 87437
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

Great looking shoes and great color. someone mentioned "old ravello stock". About how old would you say these are?
A couple of weeks give or take.
post #43370 of 87437
This might be a very basic question but what should I treat my natural chrome excel Indy boots with? And what steps should I take when it comes to general shoe care? Sorry for the simpleton question but it's my first pair or Aldens and I want to keep them in tip top shape.
post #43371 of 87437
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

you could always spend more on Swims if it makes you feel better biggrin.gif
Spending more money always makes me feel better. Leatherback Swims in burgundy were out of stock. There's always bright orange just to "freshen it up" a little.
post #43372 of 87437

^^ let them age gracefully - use Sapphire Reno when in need of a cleaning ^^

post #43373 of 87437
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post


Spending more money always makes me feel better. Leatherback Swims in burgundy were out of stock. There's always bright orange just to "freshen it up" a little.

Nice! I have the navy ones and love them

 

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SFCLBLUE_1_40000000001_-1

post #43374 of 87437
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

Great looking shoes and great color. someone mentioned "old ravello stock". About how old would you say these are?

Thank you, sir. Purchased them from Adam @ AoC in November & haven't worn them much, yet. smile.gif
post #43375 of 87437

Another shot of the #8 captoe boots at work.

 

 

post #43376 of 87437
Great looking captoe. Thinking I'll have to get some #8s myself.
post #43377 of 87437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broark View Post

This might be a very basic question but what should I treat my natural chrome excel Indy boots with? And what steps should I take when it comes to general shoe care? Sorry for the simpleton question but it's my first pair or Aldens and I want to keep them in tip top shape.

Almost any product will work. I prefer Saphir Renovateur myself, used intermittently, but the biggest care issue I address is brushing. A quick once over when putting them on, and 2-4 minutes a shoe when I take them off. Prevents anything really drastic from happening to them, can take out decent scratches, and keeps the leather supple.
post #43378 of 87437
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post

 

Awsome shoes. 

+1   Loving the ravello

post #43379 of 87437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broark View Post

This might be a very basic question but what should I treat my natural chrome excel Indy boots with? And what steps should I take when it comes to general shoe care? Sorry for the simpleton question but it's my first pair or Aldens and I want to keep them in tip top shape.

 

I recently bought a bottle of Lexol Neetsfoot Oil, (http://www.amazon.com/Lexol-NF-Leather-Dressing-16-oz/dp/B002UQIS8S/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_30) which claims to be non darkening.  I havent worked up the courage to use it.  I do brush regularly and that seems to have sufficiently taken care of random scuffs and kept the leather looking fresh.

post #43380 of 87437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al in Philly View Post

Another shot of the #8 captoe boots at work.

 

 

Good shine!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***