or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2863

post #42931 of 87558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post

Sorry for a sizing question, but for a Grant last boot, do most do Barrie + 1/2? Specifically, I'm an 11 D Barrie, so would most advise 11.5 D Grant? I specified a Grant last boot because sometimes people say boots fit different from shoes.

I go True to Size on both Grant and Barrie but if anything, you would go down in the Barrie as is a wider toe box than the Grant. I have booths in both lasts and they are the same size.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #42932 of 87558

I bought these 990's about a month ago and a dark spot has developed on one...no idea what is causing it or what I should do about it.  I haven't done anything to them but brush them after wearing.  Any idea what this is, or what I should do about it?

 

Thanks in advance!

 

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x465/Mejnoon3/HRE%20543R/2013-02-06_10-26-10_501_zpsd9e771a1.jpg

post #42933 of 87558
Hi, does anyone know where I can find a pair of Alden Boots in Black like Leather Soul Jumper Boots ? Preferably Calf but possibly any black. Thanks
post #42934 of 87558

9016 Maiden Voyage

post #42935 of 87558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

I go True to Size on both Grant and Barrie but if anything, you would go down in the Barrie as is a wider toe box than the Grant. I have booths in both lasts and they are the same size.

Interesting, TTS on Barrie?

If it helps, I think my true size is 11.5 D (haven't been sized on a Brannock in a while), and I'm an 11.5 D on the AE 5 last.
post #42936 of 87558
New arrival, the ravello chukkas arrived from Alden NYC today. I had to go home at lunch I couldn't stand the anticipation any longer. I'd post a picture but I am still having issues doing so.
post #42937 of 87558
Wearing my new CXL Longwings today for only the 2nd time, and I am getting some pretty nasty creasing in the left toe box, significantly worse than my right. Probably me just being anal, plus it look worse in person than this picture, but is this anything I should be concerned about?

post #42938 of 87558
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dslonghorn4 View Post

Ravello cap toe boots from Unionmade today.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




 


Absolutely gorgeous! I'm green with envy. Enjoy...

I concur...icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #42939 of 87558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post

Wearing my new CXL Longwings today for only the 2nd time, and I am getting some pretty nasty creasing in the left toe box, significantly worse than my right. Probably me just being anal, plus it look worse in person than this picture, but is this anything I should be concerned about?


that's doesn't look bad to me. you have two things working against you, though. 1. longwings = massive toe box which makes the appearance of creasing more prevalent. 2. CXL is prone to not just creasing, but wrinkling, which looks more like what you're experiencing. there are certain areas of the hide that are more prone to this wrinkling than others.
post #42940 of 87558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post

Wearing my new CXL Longwings today for only the 2nd time, and I am getting some pretty nasty creasing in the left toe box, significantly worse than my right. Probably me just being anal, plus it look worse in person than this picture, but is this anything I should be concerned about?


I wouldn't worry about it. I always get more and uglier creasing on left because 1. both feet are not identical and 2. every1 walks differently
post #42941 of 87558
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ23 View Post

Hi, does anyone know where I can find a pair of Alden Boots in Black like Leather Soul Jumper Boots ? Preferably Calf but possibly any black. Thanks


Leffot has the Naval Boot.  There is currently a pre-order going on for Black Cordovan

post #42942 of 87558
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

New arrival, the ravello chukkas arrived from Alden NYC today. I had to go home at lunch I couldn't stand the anticipation any longer. I'd post a picture but I am still having issues doing so.

how do you like them? 

post #42943 of 87558
Quote:
Originally Posted by poena View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by poena View Post

So I have Jcrew PCT in size 9. and Indy in size 8.5

Should I order LWB in 8.5? The 8.5 Jcrew perf cap toe was just a bit too snug but I've read that the barrie lasted boots can be a little tighter fitting than LWB.

Also is $540 a good price for a pair of new LWBs?

resposting this hoping for a response! thanks!


Barrie for LWBs may run a little bigger/wider than barrie lasted boots.  I Have the J Crew Cap toe boots and a bunch of LWBs all in the same size.  I suppose you should try them if possible, or order two sizes and send back the one that doesn't fit.  My guess is the sizes should be the same.

 

$540 may be a little steep, but given the price increase, that sounds about right, I guess??  You may want to look on ebay.  You can usually find a pretty good deal for the J Crew calf LWBs.  I bought the brown calf for under $300 bnwb.  If you are looking for shell LWBs, $540 is a tremendous bargain. Good luck...

post #42944 of 87558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mejnoon View Post

I bought these 990's about a month ago and a dark spot has developed on one...no idea what is causing it or what I should do about it.  I haven't done anything to them but brush them after wearing.  Any idea what this is, or what I should do about it?

Thanks in advance!

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x465/Mejnoon3/HRE%20543R/2013-02-06_10-26-10_501_zpsd9e771a1.jpg

bump this up ... that right shoe looks ruined ... hope that someone has a suggestion to help you out
post #42945 of 87558
Just arrived today. Alden of DC Ravello LWB. Double water-lock sole. Marcoliani merino wool argyle socks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***