Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2854
Styleforum Top Picks
leffot color 8 alpine saddles (gloomy morning in sd)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Those look very nice. How long have you had them and how much wear have you gotten out of them? I bought on the current pre-order and am really looking forward to having them for late in the spring and summer.
Called the shoemart, about this possible color #4: http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_fd-96800_color_4/pvc-ald-mxs-fd-96800_ald_m_fd-96800.html
It's a Leydon last size 12.5, plain toe blucher with a dover pattern ($399.95). Picture she provided shows cigar, but it should be the correct style. http://www.theshoemart.com/mas_assets/detail/ALD/FD-96800.jpg
My first Whiskey shell... Wingtip Bal Oxford on Tremont! So very glad I sized down 0.5 (same as Barrie) -- the tremont feels narrower in the toe box than the barrie (not by much though), but is still pretty round and bulky like the LWB. Very happy!
Should I be concerned with the creasing so close to the base of the lasing? I feel like they fit well, but I've never seen any of my shells crease in this spot.
Thanks shaunW for the heads up, saw plenty I want, none in my size sadly.
Just go to the alden section where you can 'view all' and sort the results from 'Price: Lowest to Highest' and you'll have like 10 pages of seconds where they'll say "Sale" in red with x% off.
That's how I was able to find it last year, however being able to add a pair to your cart and even ordering them might not mean that they have it in stock since sometimes their inventory isn't always up to date (but with so many shoes I can understand that)
The link may or may not work
It looks like all the 2nds that were listed yesterday have been taken down. I highly doubt all of them (including the less sought after styles) were purchased last night.
Over the past few weeks, I've noticed a few times when TSM's site went into the "show everything" state it was in last night (just for one day each time). I just never noticed the seconds before, because I usually sort by price and stop when I pass from shell to calf around the $600 mark.
I have to say that there are some extremely unusual styles in that list of Shoemart seconds. Some very nice and some very very dubious. I suppose we like a certain subset of styles here on this thread (setting aside choice of material), but I wonder who the heck Alden is making all these oddball shoes for.
I agree. There were quite a few I've never seen on the Alden thread, and would not have considered purchasing if they were in my size -- and some still that I might not wear if they were free. There must be people out there who appreciate quality footwear, but whose taste is very different from most on this thread.
Makes sense to wear your #8 PTBs with your 990th post. Assuming these are Aldens and not Alden x Brooks Brothers, your nailed the model number with your post count.
- ***The official Alden thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central 23 seconds ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 34 seconds ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › More serious hairstyle recommendations for upcoming Business Analyst 3 minutes ago
- › FS or For Trade: Edward Green GALWAY Boots -- Dark Oak / Mink Suede... 3 minutes ago
- › whnay.'s good taste thread 4 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015