or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2851

post #42751 of 91772

Thanks MrDV.  @Burton - Just arrived today from Alden DC.  I think they have a pretty good number of them in stock.  thanks for the feedback!

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #42752 of 91772
Alden lovers, hint hint

Check out theshoemart website. They have everything listed this evening including all the seconds listings. Definitely a few gems for those with smaller and larger feet and odd sizes in general. I only wish the color #4 ptb with dover pattern was my size.....sigh! I can't find anything that works for me but i figured maybe someone can snag something cool.
Don't wait by morning the website will be back to normal.
post #42753 of 91772

Very Nice Whiskey WT's 

 

MrDV, thank you.

post #42754 of 91772
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Thanks MrDV.  @Burton - Just arrived today from Alden DC.  I think they have a pretty good number of them in stock.  thanks for the feedback!

I am going to place a call. Hey, I would not be concerned about the creasing, but -and I am not trying to rain on your parade because this is exactly how I felt over some whiskey long wings- the gap at the back in pic four looks like it might be a bit much. If they feel large they might be.
post #42755 of 91772
Would you guys consider any of this creasing excessive? I am more concerned about the areas not the eyelets than I am towards the heel as the leather actually feels thin there in comparison to the other foot.

post #42756 of 91772
Is there anything I can do to repair this scratch on my aldens (burgundy cordovan)? I cleaned it with Renovateur and it didn't help much.
post #42757 of 91772
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Would you guys consider any of this creasing excessive? I am more concerned about the areas not the eyelets than I am towards the heel as the leather actually feels thin there in comparison to the other foot.


To me, that is shell.
post #42758 of 91772
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunw View Post

Alden lovers, hint hint

Check out theshoemart website. They have everything listed this evening including all the seconds listings. Definitely a few gems for those with smaller and larger feet and odd sizes in general. I only wish the color #4 ptb with dover pattern was my size.....sigh! I can't find anything that works for me but i figured maybe someone can snag something cool.
Don't wait by morning the website will be back to normal.

am I missing something? I cannot seem to locate the seconds listings..

 

got a link?

post #42759 of 91772

Thanks Alcibiades. 

 

I think I owe either you or REguy a big thank you for sizing advice for the tremont last (size down .5 like the barrie).  I can't remember who urged me to do so, but it was one of you guys.  I know there are mixed reviews about this sizing, but TTS wouldn't even be close to working for me.  Much thanks to either or both of you! worship.gif

 

Quote:

Great pickup. I have a pair as well, one of my favorites
post #42760 of 91772
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkingucla View Post

Is there anything I can do to repair this scratch on my aldens (burgundy cordovan)? I cleaned it with Renovateur and it didn't help much.

I like polish and a deer bone for those.
post #42761 of 91772

You need a Deer bone - check out The Hanger Project for one

 

http://www.hangerproject.com/closet/horn-bone.html#.URB5DB2Yt9k

 

Good tutorial with similar scratch

 

http://www.hangerproject.com/closet/shoe-care-guide/polishing-shell-cordovan.html

 

A video on a proper cleaning

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ1k8mJt3iI

post #42762 of 91772
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

My first Whiskey shell... Wingtip Bal Oxford on Tremont!  So very glad I sized down 0.5 (same as Barrie) -- the tremont feels narrower in the toe box than the barrie (not by much though), but is still pretty round and bulky like the LWB.  Very happy!

Can inquire when and where you purchased those beauties.











Should I be concerned with the creasing so close to the base of the lasing?  I feel like they fit well, but I've never seen any of my shells crease in this spot.
post #42763 of 91772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Thanks MrDV.  @Burton - Just arrived today from Alden DC.  I think they have a pretty good number of them in stock.  thanks for the feedback!

I am going to place a call. Hey, I would not be concerned about the creasing, but -and I am not trying to rain on your parade because this is exactly how I felt over some whiskey long wings- the gap at the back in pic four looks like it might be a bit much. If they feel large they might be.


Didn't even notice that.  I'll have to check that out again.  That's pretty perceptive...  Thanks!

post #42764 of 91772

Bespoken pa - from Alden DC

post #42765 of 91772
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post


Didn't even notice that.  I'll have to check that out again.  That's pretty perceptive...  Thanks!

fing02[1].gif

But remember, shoes fit each of us differently. A large gap at the back, often, speaks to poor fit. Uncle Mac's advice on wearing on carpet, and really sessing fit, is way smart. Personally, I learned the hard way.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***