or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2846

post #42676 of 96569
Quote:
Originally Posted by nushu View Post


I can't find this on the Leffot site ... can someone please point me to the advertisement.

http://leffot.com/shop/alden-x-leffot-saddle-shoe/
post #42677 of 96569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Cigar Chukkas


nephew,

good looking chukkas
post #42678 of 96569
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerbk View Post

Can ravello owners please let me know what color polish they use? I was told color #8 by Alden but that doesn't seem like the correct color to use. Thanks in advance.

nephew,

if necessary brown wax
post #42679 of 96569
Uncle Mac you say if necessary? I have a new pair of cigar indies and ravello chukkas on the way. I'm sure I could try to dig through numerous searches but that doesnt always bring up what one is looking for. Ravello brown wax, cigar? Whiskey ? #8? Thanks uncle Mac , as an aside what were you thinking as far as specs for a six eyelette chukka?
post #42680 of 96569

Just picked these up, not sure if the bulge/roll near the toe is normal or not. Anyone else experienced this before? Should I exchange them?

 

 

 

 

post #42681 of 96569
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Uncle Mac you say if necessary? I have a new pair of cigar indies and ravello chukkas on the way. I'm sure I could try to dig through numerous searches but that doesnt always bring up what one is looking for. Ravello brown wax, cigar? Whiskey ? #8? Thanks uncle Mac , as an aside what were you thinking as far as specs for a six eyelette chukka?

nephew,

whiskey-tan

cigar-brown

i am not sure what is the meaning of 'specs"-do you mean specifications, if so, double leather sole, six eyelets, plaza last, antique outer sole and #8
post #42682 of 96569
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

nephew,

whiskey-tan

cigar-brown

i am not sure what is the meaning of 'specs"-do you mean
specifications, if so, double leather sole, six eyelets, plaza last, antique
outer sole and #8

Uncle Mac specifications is what was intended. That make up sounds great I would accept any of the cordovans, perhaps whiskey as that is the one remaining for me, well aside from color#4 which is like bigfoot I've heard stories and seen photos but never one in the wild.
post #42683 of 96569
Quote:
Originally Posted by violethour1951 View Post

I'm curious about Plaza-lasted boots -- as far as I know, there's one from J. Gilbert (#8 Captoe boot) and one from Frans Boone (Ravello Indy). Does anyone know of other Plaza-last boots?
Plaza-last #8 Captoe Boots (J. Gilbert) (Click to show)
Plaza-last Ravello Indys (Click to show)

Jgilbert has (or has had) color 8 boots on the plaza in the following styles:

NST
Wt
Plaintoe
Captoe
post #42684 of 96569
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurckrec View Post

Just picked these up, not sure if the bulge/roll near the toe is normal or not. Anyone else experienced this before? Should I exchange them?







looks like some unevenness where the toe cap is attached to the leather outer. my right #8 wingtip boot from LS developed a crease in this area after some wear, but the left was spared. said crease bugs me. i say if it bugs you now, exchange.
post #42685 of 96569
It completely goes against my initial Alden shell acquisition plan -- namely, to not double up on a style before having one each in #8, cigar, ravello, and whiskey -- but lately I'm filled with a strong desire to get the PTB shell rainbow (including black, even). I love the LHS, LWB, cap toe boots, and so on, but there's something about the PTB. I probably won't do it, but I'm tempted.
Edited by Papa Doble - 2/3/13 at 11:08pm
post #42686 of 96569
Happy Monday. Some #4, for Feb 4, with Hickey Freeman blue flannels.



post #42687 of 96569
I'll go with #4 on the 4th too.

post #42688 of 96569

my first try at #4 on the 4th

 

 

post #42689 of 96569
^those #4 wingtips are just incredible.icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #42690 of 96569
When boredom takes over..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***