or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2838

post #42556 of 87738
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

They emailed me back within 15 minutes. Anthony comes through again. He said they got them in this am and he has received 18 phone calls since this morning. Get em while there hot! They had my size and I am pumped what a way to start a weekend.

It's like the Super Bowl and Mardi Gras all wrapped up into one... oh wait... biggrin.gif

Congrats on the pickup and enjoy that Ravello.

Also, another PSA: Happened to receive a non-Alden related email from O'Connell's in Buffalo and they seem to have their limited Alden stock available at pre-price-increase levels: http://www.oconnellsclothing.com/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=32.

Sort of like they are on sale or something. Note two Cigar chukkas in 10.5 and 11. Someone buy the 11 so I don't.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #42557 of 87738
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Had a little something something waiting for me when I got home today.

AppleMark


Alden x Epaulet Natural CXL Longwing (97871), Leydon.

Currently starting wear #1 of Mac break in method. Oh, how I hope these babies fit. Love the color and various subtleties across the shoe - exactly what I was looking for in a casual LWB.

Thanks to Uncle Mac, herrmj, NYI, wj4, PhiPsi, alcibiades, & beatlegeuse for your consultations over the last month or so. Really appreciate the input.

nephew,
wear in good health your gunboats
post #42558 of 87738
Nola will be busy driving home will be brutal. However day dreaming of chukkas should help padd the time. I just purchased a pair of cigar indys a couple of weeks when I saw the post about the ravello chukkas I thought oh yeah then I thought on no, my financial planner is on line two doh
post #42559 of 87738
FYI Alden NY is still using the old price point.
post #42560 of 87738
Does anyone know of a retailer whose cigar LWBs come with a dark brown welt? For some reason I seem to recall that Alden NY's do, but I don't know why I think that.
post #42561 of 87738
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Newest acquisition...

Alden made for J Crew - suede PTB in camel and flex welt/single water loc sole.  I love the look but "not" nearly as comfortable as my shell PTBs with the double leather sole.

Haven't considered suede previously, but these might change my mind!  Great pickup and sounds like you got an amazing deal!

post #42562 of 87738

I don't understand the part of the Mac Method where you wear the shoes on carpet so that you can return them if they don't fit properly.  Is there a way to wear them for several hours without creasing the vamps, or are you just selling them on ebay if they don't fit?

post #42563 of 87738
Quote:
Originally Posted by digga View Post

I don't understand the part of the Mac Method where you wear the shoes on carpet so that you can return them if they don't fit properly.  Is there a way to wear them for several hours without creasing the vamps, or are you just selling them on ebay if they don't fit?

I'm actually a easy fit and know pretty well right off the bat if a shoe is going to fit. This is good since I get through day 1 of Mac method and I break down like a child with a new toy and off I go. Now I also believe it helps the toe by the sole breaking in a bit before you gouge the toe due to stiff sole.
post #42564 of 87738

986

post #42565 of 87738
Very nice choice on those natural CXL LWB's El Argentino, looking forward to see how they age! I really do need to pick up a pair of those myself.
post #42566 of 87738
Quote:
Originally Posted by japples View Post

Wow those are outstanding!

Are they MTO or where did you pick them up?

They are from Leather Soul. A make up they did in the summer I believe.
I believe they have a few sizes left. I just exchanged these for a pair of 10.5 D.
post #42567 of 87738

These arrived in the post from Massachusetts today.  Doing the carpet break in thing.

 

Lighting is very bad, I know.

post #42568 of 87738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina View Post

She was a day tripper, a Sunday driver yeah 
It took me so long to find out, and I found out 
 
Day tripper 
Day tripper yeah 

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Friday #8

AppleMark

Epaulet
Gap
JGilbert

Also, those suede JCrew bucks up top are incredible. A suede pickup is definitely next for me.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


ravello full strap
marcoliani cashmere otc

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Had a little something something waiting for me when I got home today.

AppleMark








Alden x Epaulet Natural CXL Longwing (97871), Leydon.

Currently starting wear #1 of Mac break in method. Oh, how I hope these babies fit. Love the color and various subtleties across the shoe - exactly what I was looking for in a casual LWB.

Thanks to Uncle Mac, herrmj, NYI, wj4, PhiPsi, alcibiades, & beatlegeuse for your consultations over the last month or so. Really appreciate the input.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficeLinebacke View Post

These arrived in the post from Massachusetts today.  Doing the carpet break in thing.

 

Lighting is very bad, I know.

Great shines and new pick-ups today gentleman

post #42569 of 87738
NST#8's commando sole, they look good with jeans?thanks
post #42570 of 87738
my new cxl indy boots with brass eyelets/commando soles from Epaulet....

I was always on the fence about picking up a pair of the ubiquitous 403s, whether the stock model or the slightly modified J. crew version, so I'm glad i held out for these bad boys.

I can't tell if the brass makes these more casual or dressier than the stock 403, but either way i like them a lot.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***