I've been refraining this week, getting some wear out of my Allen Edmonds shell. GASP !
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2831
Styleforum Top Picks
Thank you both for the clarification. That's freaking amazing.
I've emailed TSM in the past to get their 2nds list, but to no avail - never a response nor 2nds emails. Would anyone care to forward me various listings, or would it be best to just try to call TSM directly?
I'm all about the 2nds.
I just wanted to note that some of them are seconds for very obvious reasons. I visited the store back in 2011 and the salesman pulled out a pair of whiskey LHS that had a gigantic black splotch on the toe, roughly the size of a quarter. He also pulled out a pair of color 8 NSTs that looked flawless to me. It is very hit or miss so I think the best policy for shopping seconds is to be flexible and very patient. Best of luck!
I've just started on "the path" with #8 PTB's. How would some of the more experienced aficionados and collectors on this forum suggest I proceed? Buy what's available as you go. Get the basics first. Order a particular shoe in a so-called "grail" colour and wait for the zombie apocalypse. Any suggestions at all would be great. First borns w/ Marcoliani cashmere socks
excellent choice sir, i think ptbs show shell beautifully. i have gone as far as putting 3 pairs of marcolianis in my virtual shopping cart, i haven't been brave enought to purchase. same with the color laces, i first saw them at the frans boone site. i am tempted to try an orange pair on cigar lwbs.
i got started on aldens a couple of years ago, i only regret the shoes i didn't buy. if you see something rare in your size, buy it, if you don't love it, one of us will buy it here or on the bay.
Does anyone else get frustrated with find finding pieces of a make up they like but not the whole thing. If Alden had a EG style MTO program I'd be dead broke. If anyone has ever seen a six eyelet chukka (I know it's not technically a chukka) in ravello with antique edge trim please let me know. I guess if I had everything I wanted I couldn't dream anymore but I'm okay with that.
as you requested
- ***The official Alden thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 44 seconds ago
- › POLL: Is Eidos Napoli an Italian or an American brand ? 44 seconds ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 52 seconds ago
- › Vass belts sizes 90 - 95, narrow and wide. 54 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 3 minutes ago
- › ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central 3 minutes ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015