or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2816

post #42226 of 86757
^
When did Jcrew come out with those???

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #42227 of 86757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

J Crew put up several models for preorder (mostly suede on crepe)

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/spring_lookbook.jsp

Ah, those suede split toe tru-balance boots are finally available.
post #42228 of 86757
Sorry for another sizing question,

I am wearing Grant last captoe boots in 7D / Indy in 6D and I am planning to get barrie last LWB what size should I get?
I am living in Canada so I can't go in to store and try them on.
Thanks in advance
post #42229 of 86757
Quote:
Originally Posted by irbe View Post

^
When did Jcrew come out with those???

 

I first noticed them about a year ago.  Not sure how long they were out before that. 

post #42230 of 86757
Quote:
Originally Posted by dslonghorn4 View Post

J.Crew Ravello LWB maiden voyage.

 

Looks very sharp. nod[1].gif

post #42231 of 86757
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post

I first noticed them about a year ago.  Not sure how long they were out before that. 

It was one of the first Alden models J Crew sold IIRC, so for at least a couple of years
post #42232 of 86757
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

I love those.  I would have a hard time calling them "beater" shoes!

I just mean that I wear them frequently without much regard to weather and other impactful elements.  I don't baby them like I do my Ravello LWB.  I don't actually play basketball, golf, or hike in them. tongue.gif

post #42233 of 86757
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

I just mean that I wear them frequently without much regard to weather and other impactful elements.  I don't baby them like I do my Ravello LWB.  I don't actually play basketball, golf, or hike in them. tongue.gif

 

I figured that. I would still have a hard time not babying them anyway.  shog[1].gif

post #42234 of 86757
Quote:
Originally Posted by dslonghorn4 View Post

J.Crew Ravello LWB maiden voyage.


Looking fairly close to your native color of choice (at least in this pic)...  icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif Maybe a great shoe to wear to tailgating and cocktail parties on Saturday afternoons in the fall in Austin.

post #42235 of 86757
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungmineyo View Post

Sorry for another sizing question,

I am wearing Grant last captoe boots in 7D / Indy in 6D and I am planning to get barrie last LWB what size should I get?
I am living in Canada so I can't go in to store and try them on.
Thanks in advance

The Barrie last has similar sizing to the Trubalance last generally used for Indy boots. I think you'd want 6D in Barrie LWB.
post #42236 of 86757
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

The Barrie last has similar sizing to the Trubalance last generally used for Indy boots. I think you'd want 6D in Barrie LWB.

Oh tyvm!
post #42237 of 86757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashiwa View Post

Lakota House nailed this one.

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

http://www.lakota.co.jp/updates/index.php?ID=5140

 

Very tempting.  And the price isn't outrageous (still a bit high).  I don't think I got a chance to try the military last.  But I see Lakota House has ordered up to size 11.  That could be a good sign.

post #42238 of 86757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

J Crew put up several models for preorder (mostly suede on crepe)

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/spring_lookbook.jsp

 

I did say there was something about suede  .  .  .  and LWBs

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #42239 of 86757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

Uncle, Thank you.


 

 

 

 

Does anyone have experience buying multiple sizes for the same model shoe tree?  (Woodlore, Jos. A, Allen Edmonds, Alden).  I take a medium, but am wondering how much bigger a large is?

 

Is it a big difference? or a small difference?  

 

The Mediums seem like they could stand to be bigger, but not drastically.

 

 

Thanks.

Follow Up:

 

The Larges ended up being great in terms of width and volume, but they were just a hair too long.  If they were a half cm shorter they would have been perfect.  Ultimately, they don't fit in my 9D Hampton/Aberdeens.

 

Just thought I would mention in case anyone wants to use my experience as a proxy for determining their own size.

post #42240 of 86757

just for laughs....saw these unusual aldens on ebay bounce2.gif

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.||B2||T0JKX0lEPTRmNjc4MmQ3YTI1YTAzMjkwNGY2Y2VlZGMwMWJiNTA1MTA3ZDUwNzk0OTljfHxTRUxMRVJfTkFNRT1kZXJvdG9waHx8T1JJR0lOQUxfRUJBWV9RVUFMSVRZX1NDT1JFPTR8fENSRUFUSU9OX0RBVEU9MS8yOS8xMyA3OjMwIEFN

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***