It was one of the first Alden models J Crew sold IIRC, so for at least a couple of years
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2814
Styleforum Top Picks
I just mean that I wear them frequently without much regard to weather and other impactful elements. I don't baby them like I do my Ravello LWB. I don't actually play basketball, golf, or hike in them.
I figured that. I would still have a hard time not babying them anyway.
The Barrie last has similar sizing to the Trubalance last generally used for Indy boots. I think you'd want 6D in Barrie LWB.
Lakota House nailed this one.
Very tempting. And the price isn't outrageous (still a bit high). I don't think I got a chance to try the military last. But I see Lakota House has ordered up to size 11. That could be a good sign.
Uncle, Thank you.
Does anyone have experience buying multiple sizes for the same model shoe tree? (Woodlore, Jos. A, Allen Edmonds, Alden). I take a medium, but am wondering how much bigger a large is?
Is it a big difference? or a small difference?
The Mediums seem like they could stand to be bigger, but not drastically.
The Larges ended up being great in terms of width and volume, but they were just a hair too long. If they were a half cm shorter they would have been perfect. Ultimately, they don't fit in my 9D Hampton/Aberdeens.
Just thought I would mention in case anyone wants to use my experience as a proxy for determining their own size.
- ***The official Alden thread ***
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 45 seconds ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Undercover / Undercoverism Tee M 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › S.E.H Kelly wool/cashmere trousers, size S (~30-31) 7 minutes ago
- › www.virtualclotheshorse.com - affiliate page 12 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 12 minutes ago
- › Dress Slip Ons / Lazy Man Oxfords 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 15 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...