or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2812

post #42166 of 89400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Organika View Post

Does anyone happen to own this Jcrew make-up below and a few photos to share? Seems to be a calf upper with some heavy finishing and light bottom. Thanks




They're just plain tan calf on a double leather sole. J. Crew says "waxed" to make them sound fancy. I've grabbed two brand new pairs to have as beaters off eBay in the last month for $300 a crack.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #42167 of 89400

My chocolate suede Modified last PT boots are a favorite if mine.  They fit so well and look great.  I'm tempted to wear them everyday.  On the other hand, my Alden 1494s are lightweight, comfortable, and cool.  It's like wearing air conditioned shoes.  I lean on them heavily for my summer rotation.  Those are definitely my top two boots, both suede.  The Kudu Indys I also enjoy, but I lean on them for foul weather, hiking, and other heavy wear and tear activities.

post #42168 of 89400
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

was doing some organizing tonight so I snapped some boot pics. excuse the poor lighting

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

still on the hunt for ravello chukkas and possibly a pebble grain captoe/ptb.

 

hoping the kudu modified order goes thru, along with DC Thor boot, and then I think i'm done with boots (not a fan of suede) smile.gif

nice collection & good shine kwhitelaw -- need some whiskey shell as well nod[1].gif

post #42169 of 89400

I'm thinking I may need to drop by moulded next time I'm town.. having the market cornered on modified is gonna make it an expensive trip lol

post #42170 of 89400

Shopping at Moulded shoe is still much, much cheaper than Anatomica or Lakota House. 

post #42171 of 89400
Quote:
Originally Posted by violethour1951 View Post

nice collection & good shine kwhitelaw -- need some whiskey shell as well nod%5B1%5D.gif

 thanks!

 

sadly, I don't think whiskey is going to find room in the stable.. would love some #4 eventually and a brown between ravello and cigar, so I think I'll be giving some monies to Carmina shortly

post #42172 of 89400
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

My chocolate suede Modified last PT boots are a favorite if mine.  They fit so well and look great.  I'm tempted to wear them everyday.  On the other hand, my Alden 1494s are lightweight, comfortable, and cool.  It's like wearing air conditioned shoes.  I lean on them heavily for my summer rotation.  Those are definitely my top two boots, both suede.  The Kudu Indys I also enjoy, but I lean on them for foul weather, hiking, and other heavy wear and tear activities.

Any pics of the chocolate suede PT boots?
post #42173 of 89400
Quote:
Originally Posted by dslonghorn4 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvc44 View Post

Ok thanks for the info

 

 

Did you try calling the store?  Reason I ask is because I called right after it was posted on this thread that they were sold out (just to make sure), and they had my size.  

 

I worked with an SA named Dee (very helpful and nice). 


I think they may still have some larger sizes (i.e. 11 or 11.5).  Hope I'm not wrong...

post #42174 of 89400
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

I'm thinking I may need to drop by moulded next time I'm town.. having the market cornered on modified is gonna make it an expensive trip lol

I'm going to guess that the stock levels at Moulded likely aren't extensive. That may save you some money. smile.gif That being said, you should absolutely stop by for a visit. I've been in very briefly and they were nice about letting me try on for fit. Of course, then I called and got on an order for a pair and I'm in on the Kudu Indy too, so that worked out for them.
post #42175 of 89400
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


nephew,
the price increase is it 6% across the board. the last sixty years the average increase is 5.8% per year. does anybody know the average annual increase in the dow jones for the last sixty years

 

I think 10% - 12% annualized, but I can't cite that.  Also, it's composition has changed.
post #42176 of 89400
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagsun View Post


Any pics of the chocolate suede PT boots?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

HummusPT_1.jpg

HummusPT_5.jpg

Hummus suede

Modified last

post #42177 of 89400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Organika View Post

Does anyone happen to own this Jcrew make-up below and a few photos to share? Seems to be a calf upper with some heavy finishing and light bottom. Thanks

 

 

They are the ones to the top right^^^ You can kind of see how they compare to the ravello LWB (2nd from the the top left)

Both of the above are J Crew calf LWB (tobacco to the right)

^^^In the wild, but poor quality pic, sorry

 

As REguy put it, great beater shoes for a good price on ebay... cost the same as AE but much better than the calf McNeil (imho).

post #42178 of 89400
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

They are the ones to the top right^^^ You can kind of see how they compare to the ravello LWB (2nd from the the top left)

Both of the above are J Crew calf LWB (tobacco to the right)

^^^In the wild, but poor quality pic, sorry

 

As REguy put it, great beater shoes for a good price on ebay... cost the same as AE but much better than the calf McNeil (imho).

 

Thanks and great pictures, I really like how the dark perfs on the tobacco stand out. Light bottom has a lot of character as well

post #42179 of 89400
Thanks PhiPsi32.
post #42180 of 89400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer View Post


This post is in response to Sqroot3 request for photos of my tobacco chamois.

Sqroot3:
Thank you for the request to see some photos of the tobacco chamois. Here are a few photos I just took. It is now night in Africa so I am just using indoor light. I will shoot more photos tomorrow during the day outside. The one with more patina is the one I use for field work. The one that looks newer is of course the one I use for other than field work. My third pair of tobacco chamois is in its box in the USA. Enjoy!



beautiful!!! heresy, but i think i almost prefer the dull, newer version without the patina. this is tempting!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***