or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2810

post #42136 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Just checked the shell offerings at Alden SF. Prices have officially gone up.

nephew,
the price increase is it 6% across the board. the last sixty years the average increase is 5.8% per year. does anybody know the average annual increase in the dow jones for the last sixty years

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #42137 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

nephew,
the price increase is it 6% across the board. the last sixty years the average increase is 5.8% per year. does anybody know the average annual increase in the dow jones for the last sixty years
School us, unc!
post #42138 of 89398
I've got some Ravello sitting around that I'd like to get rid of, but I'm having second thoughts about returning the recent J. Crew version. The brass eyelets with the antique sole really creates an entirely different shoe than the dark sole. Although, how many pairs of brown longwings does a guy need (I think I already have 7)?

post #42139 of 89398
What size is that Jcrew?
post #42140 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post

I've got some Ravello sitting around that I'd like to get rid of, but I'm having second thoughts about returning the recent J. Crew version. The brass eyelets with the antique sole really creates an entirely different shoe than the dark sole. Although, how many pairs of brown longwings does a guy need (I think I already have 7)? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I don't know how many pairs one needs, but those J Crews would be amongst the ones I'd keep.
You'd be crazy to get rid of them.
post #42141 of 89398

My pair of jcrew ravello lwb arrive on wednesday. They seem like the ultimate match for raw denim with the brass eyelets.

post #42142 of 89398
Is that Jcrew ravello available anywhere?
post #42143 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

I don't know how many pairs one needs, but those J Crews would be amongst the ones I'd keep.
You'd be crazy to get rid of them.

I hear ya, Zipp. My wallet and closet scream sell, but that's why I posted the picture. I know you guys are pushers and will help me rationalize keeping them nod[1].gif
post #42144 of 89398


Brown Chromexcel plain toe boots, brass eyelets+hooks

Alden x Leffot
post #42145 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post

I've got some Ravello sitting around that I'd like to get rid of, but I'm having second thoughts about returning the recent J. Crew version. The brass eyelets with the antique sole really creates an entirely different shoe than the dark sole. Although, how many pairs of brown longwings does a guy need (I think I already have 7)?


If they are on 8 please shoot me a message. I would be more than happy to take them off your hands
post #42146 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

I don't know how many pairs one needs, but those J Crews would be amongst the ones I'd keep.
You'd be crazy to get rid of them.

I hear ya, Zipp. My wallet and closet scream sell, but that's why I posted the picture. I know you guys are pushers and will help me rationalize keeping them nod[1].gif

The Alden Thread.
Come for the shoes; stay for the enabling.
post #42147 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvc44 View Post

Is that Jcrew ravello available anywhere?

JCrew?

...

Scroll back a few pages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

If they are on 8 please shoot me a message. I would be more than happy to take them off your hands

Given by the other listing on his post, I'd say he's probably a 10.
post #42148 of 89398
Apologies for the above. A very stressful day is making me more snarky than normal. Sorry guys.
post #42149 of 89398

really regretting not grabbing a pr of those jcrew ravello. if anyone has 11.5 they dont want, get at me

 

tia

post #42150 of 89398

was doing some organizing tonight so I snapped some boot pics. excuse the poor lighting

 

 

 

 

still on the hunt for ravello chukkas and possibly a pebble grain captoe/ptb.

 

hoping the kudu modified order goes thru, along with DC Thor boot, and then I think i'm done with boots (not a fan of suede) smile.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***