or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2800

post #41986 of 79159
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

Did you just buy these? Looks like you haven't even broken the last yet! Get going on that.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #41987 of 79159
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjuiceman View Post

Did you just buy these? Looks like you haven't even broken the last yet! Get going on that.
Got them maybe 1.5 years ago? This is probably the 5th or so time I've worn them. Admittedly, not one of my favorite pairs. foo.gif
post #41988 of 79159
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post


Got them maybe 1.5 years ago? This is probably the 5th or so time I've worn them. Admittedly, not one of my favorite pairs. foo.gif

Holy cow. I'm shocked they went through five wears without taking on any, well, wear.

post #41989 of 79159
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjuiceman View Post

Holy cow. I'm shocked they went through five wears without taking on any, well, wear.

I have a pair of thorogoods with the neocork sole I've worn over 40 times. The soles show no wear. And they are the slipperiest pair of boots I own.
post #41990 of 79159
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFNY5 View Post

Outstanding as always!! Enjoy your weekend!

Straight tip is my favorite of all stocks Alden's...would love to see in #8 with antique edge. There's something about the saddling that really makes this shoe awesome
post #41991 of 79159

Was wondering if the Tremont last was TTS.  While the shape may be different, is the sizing similar to the aberdeen last?  Was interested in picking up a pair of the 974 (wingtip bal oxford).  I wear 10D in barrie and 10.5D in aberdeen.  Should I go with 10.5D in Tremont?  Thanks in advance!

post #41992 of 79159
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

^Excellent Ravello Chukkas up there.

Is it me or do you gents have some differently fitting Aldens in the same last as well? Some of my Aldens in the same last (Barrie in this case) fit more tighter than others. Nothing too alarming, but noticeable nonetheless. The NXL Indy Oxfords I wore today is the most noticeably loose fitting, even though they're all in the same size and width.



1. You are not alone my friend. Each pair of handmade shoes/boots fits a bit different, even if on the same last. Add to that shell v. calf v. suede v. CXL and you are basically guaranteed to have a shoe that fits slightly different.
2. Do you have an assistant that travels with you to take "in motion" pics? smile.gif
post #41993 of 79159

Is this crease normal on a brand new PTB?

 

 

 

post #41994 of 79159
Quote:
Originally Posted by AldenLuver View Post

Was wondering if the Tremont last was TTS.  While the shape may be different, is the sizing similar to the aberdeen last?  Was interested in picking up a pair of the 974 (wingtip bal oxford).  I wear 10D in barrie and 10.5D in aberdeen.  Should I go with 10.5D in Tremont?  Thanks in advance!

Order both sizes and send one back. I'm 100% serious. The Tremont is a "tweener" inasmuch as some go TTS and some go 1/2 down.
post #41995 of 79159
Quote:
Originally Posted by AldenLuver View Post

Was wondering if the Tremont last was TTS.  While the shape may be different, is the sizing similar to the aberdeen last?  Was interested in picking up a pair of the 974 (wingtip bal oxford).  I wear 10D in barrie and 10.5D in aberdeen.  Should I go with 10.5D in Tremont?  Thanks in advance!

10D
post #41996 of 79159
Quote:
Originally Posted by AldenLuver View Post

Was wondering if the Tremont last was TTS.  While the shape may be different, is the sizing similar to the aberdeen last?  Was interested in picking up a pair of the 974 (wingtip bal oxford).  I wear 10D in barrie and 10.5D in aberdeen.  Should I go with 10.5D in Tremont?  Thanks in advance!

No way to tell without ordering yourself. Half would do 10.5D, half would do 10D.
post #41997 of 79159
Quote:
Originally Posted by digga View Post

Is this crease normal on a brand new PTB?

 

 

 

I don't think it is normal.  My guess would be that someone stuffed them in the box improperly.

 

I wonder which retailer it was?

post #41998 of 79159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

I don't think it is normal.  My guess would be that someone stuffed them in the box improperly.

I wonder which retailer it was?

i had a crease like this on my brand new Ravello LWB's from Alden SF. it was annoying, but i Reno'd them, then put some Saphir Neutral Cordovan Creme on them. brushed vigorously. it's still there but it's evened itself out with wear.
post #41999 of 79159
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFNY5 View Post

Outstanding as always!! Enjoy your weekend!

nephew,
thank you
post #42000 of 79159
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

You don't even need digital cameras, man...though I carry one at all times. Iphone 4 and 5 take great pictures with natural lighting.


nephew,
good looking boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***