Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2795
Styleforum Top Picks
So I gave Hunt Club Clothiers in Cincinnati a call after hearing that their clearance sale extended to Aldens (in this thread). They confirmed this and confirmed that they can ship orders, but sadly my size was out of stock and it would be a 14 week wait.
Just figured I'd let everyone know. Sale extends through the end of the month.
I had my eye on the AF80 (shortwing) a while back but wasn't sure about going with the commando sole. By the time I made up my mind, my size was gone. I regret not pulling the trigger for a wet weather shoe. I'd go with the short wingtip. (but that's partly bc I already have the LWB in color 8)
Like other folks, I discovered Aldens after picking up some Indy Chromexl boots. Now I am in the market for some Color #8 cordovan shoes to go with a dark navy suit.
So far I have my eye on some commando sole offerings from AoC. I am looking at the commando sole versions because I live in the Sierra mountains and deal with 5+ months of snow per year.
So…. if you were to pick just one, LWB version
"regular" wing tip?
Go with AF80 if your primary use is with a suit.
Great shoes, currently searching for this makeup. I'm likely way late, but where did you find them?
Is anyone aware of retailers stocking cigar NST, even in other last/sole combinations? TSM does not have my size (9D) in their Barrie offering.
Thank you, and any guidance is well appreciated.
Taking better photos of my shoes is the only good reason I can think of currently for upgrading my iPhone.
BNelson Shoes and owner Nick get quite alot of mention on this thread, and it is deserved. I have had some back and forth with him lately inquiring of Dainite and Commando soles.
For a leather to Dainite sole job, the cost, I am told, is:
"It's $155.00 to convert w/a single sole.
Add $30.00 for a double sole."
For a leather to "commando" sole job, the cost, I am told, is:
"Convert w/a single sole $155.00
With a mid-sole add $30.00"
And BNelson's commando version is found here:
Nick did not ask me to do this, but I figure it will save you, and him, some time on the phone/email.
Can I assume any Alden shoe with crepe or commando could easily be resoled to double leather or water lock double leather ?
I have the 401 and its not CXLbut I actually prefer that it's not. I have CXL shoes and boot and love th but I also like that this particular pair is not
- ***The official Alden thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 1 second ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 5 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 6 minutes ago
- › Monk Strap shoe suggestions under 350? 7 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth