or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2788

post #41806 of 92364
Snow expected tomorrow in NYC... Business casual dress code for Friday (I will be in chinos)... Should I wear the CXL chukkas or throw on the cigar captoe boots on commando (after a coat of leather defender)?
post #41807 of 92364
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanford88 View Post

Advice on brushing out water spots? Mine don't go away even with 15-20 minutes with a horsehair brush. Do you use something different?

 

My whiskey lwb got water spots (not welt, but darken spots) after heavy rain and they don't go away.......

post #41808 of 92364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Snow expected tomorrow in NYC... Business casual dress code for Friday (I will be in chinos)... Should I wear the CXL chukkas or throw on the cigar captoe boots on commando (after a coat of leather defender)?

CXL chukkas. even with LD, you'll risk salt stains.
post #41809 of 92364

Alden Plain Toe Blucher (PTB) in Ravello Shell Cordovan

Ravello PTB from Alden SF

post #41810 of 92364
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Beautiful, Uncle. Incredible shine.

nephew,
thank you
post #41811 of 92364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

Love the Monks Uncle ^^

nephew,

thank you
post #41812 of 92364
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecox View Post



Cigar chukkas today.

nephew,
looking good in your chukkas
post #41813 of 92364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Snow expected tomorrow in NYC... Business casual dress code for Friday (I will be in chinos)... Should I wear the CXL chukkas or throw on the cigar captoe boots on commando (after a coat of leather defender)?

nephew,
i would go with the cigar cap toe boot and consider a pair of tingley
post #41814 of 92364
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkpm View Post

8411968211_da09a68970_z.jpg
Ravello PTB from Alden SF

wear in good health
post #41815 of 92364
Looking to get my first pair of shell boots an need some suggestions. My work environment is very casual, basically jeans and button downs or a sweater. I was thinking plain toe with crepe???
post #41816 of 92364
Alden for J Crew Color 8 cap toe boot:










Item for Sale: Alden Kudu leather blucher on Plaza last, J. Gilbert, 11D. PM if interested. Great shoes posted in Buy and Sell...
post #41817 of 92364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbc0919 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanford88 View Post

Advice on brushing out water spots? Mine don't go away even with 15-20 minutes with a horsehair brush. Do you use something different?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by marg View Post

sometimes they won't brush out. happened to my longwings. shell is unpredictable. i still get angry when i look at the spots.

Try saphir reno, brushing, then a damp cloth. Then brush and buff with a dry cloth. It'll come out.

In addition, try the spoon trick. I found that it worked better than brushing alone on welts on my PTB's. Search this thread for "spoon" for a lot more details on how to do it.

I've had good luck with the spoon and saphir reno.
I got a deer bone and that works too and is infinitely moar skeevy.
post #41818 of 92364
Came home to some Cigar captoes sitting on the porch! Initially I like the Grant very much. Certainly more narrow than my Barries or Trubalance but a really nice feel.

The cigar is much darker than the chukka version I tried on recently but going to wait for the sun to be out tomorrow to judge the color.

The boots did come with a bit of a demur. I have attached a pic. Do you guys believe this is something I could buff out? Or no?
post #41819 of 92364
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Came home to some Cigar captoes sitting on the porch! Initially I like the Grant very much. Certainly more narrow than my Barries or Trubalance but a really nice feel.

The cigar is much darker than the chukka version I tried on recently but going to wait for the sun to be out tomorrow to judge the color.

The boots did come with a bit of a demur. I have attached a pic. Do you guys believe this is something I could buff out? Or no?

I believe you could work that out...

But having arrived in that condition would be unacceptable to me.

Personally, I'd ask for a price reduction from the source and then deerbone/buff it out.
post #41820 of 92364

Agree on the deer bone and brushing will get that one out....

 

Also agree that this is an unacceptable condition for a new boot.  They should do something for you.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***