or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2771

post #41551 of 87835
Just curious to see if any of you guys have changed out a leather sole for a rubber sole of a sort? I am thinking of doing this to a pair of LWBs.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #41552 of 87835

I just did these recently, leather sole replaced with rubber dainite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

Just curious to see if any of you guys have changed out a leather sole for a rubber sole of a sort? I am thinking of doing this to a pair of LWBs.

700

700

700

post #41553 of 87835

 

Ravello NST's today

post #41554 of 87835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

 

Ravello NST's today

 

One of my favorite Alden's.  Beautiful!

post #41555 of 87835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olifter View Post

Out of curiosity, do you wear them often with suits?

In truth, the answer is no, but mostly because I have plenty of other more formal shoes. Having said that, many do.

With respect to wearing suits with shell PTBs and shell LWBs: for me personally, I wear black and color 8 from time to time; I do not wear cigar, color 4, ravello, or whiskey with suits. This isn't to say it can't be done - it certainly can - except whiskey, IMO.
post #41556 of 87835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post




Ravello NST's today

Nice.

That shoe, on the plaza, will one day be in my closet (if it ever is available...).
post #41557 of 87835
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmywinks View Post

Which shoe do you guys think is more versatile? The PTB or LWB? In #8 Shell of course...
Just purchased some #8 PTB's and yesterday pre-ordered from Alden of San Francisco the don't have in my size very rare gotta wait for it Ravello LWB. PTB's seem to go with everything. Their such a nice skate that I'd wear them with shorts and/or pajamas. From what I've seen here on SF that sentiment holds true for the LWB as well. Here are my PTB's with jeans.
Edited by BeSpiffington - 1/23/13 at 3:12pm
post #41558 of 87835
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

In truth, the answer is no, but mostly because I have plenty of other more formal shoes. Having said that, many do.

With respect to wearing suits with shell PTBs and shell LWBs: for me personally, I wear black and color 8 from time to time; I do not wear cigar, color 4, ravello, or whiskey with suits. This isn't to say it can't be done - it certainly can - except whiskey, IMO.

Are you including cotton or linen suits when you say this?
post #41559 of 87835

Edited by ndlewis - 1/23/13 at 6:12pm
post #41560 of 87835

Shoes are all based on the barrie last, cost is 710 plus tax

post #41561 of 87835
This Ravello LWB was purchased with a light "antique" finish on the sole. It was not seeing much action until I sanded and dark-stained the double leather sole. Now I'm much happier with it...
post #41562 of 87835
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This Ravello LWB was purchased with a light "antique" finish on the sole. It was not seeing much action until I sanded and dark-stained the double leather sole.

I have had unusual difficulty with ravello shoes, struggling to find the right leather / sole color combination... I have sold longwings and PTBs for this reason. Let's hope I get this one right
post #41563 of 87835
Cross post from Modified Last thread:

Brown scotch grain boots arrived today. Some shots of them just out of the box:









Should have mentioned these are from a recently arrived case order at Moulded Shoe in New York.
Edited by FrankCowperwood - 1/22/13 at 9:41am
post #41564 of 87835
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Cross post from Modified Last thread:

Brown scotch grain boots arrived today. Some shots of them just out of the box:








Just beautiful! Wear them in good health..
post #41565 of 87835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

I have had unusual difficulty with ravello shoes, struggling to find the right leather / sole color combination... I have sold longwings and PTBs for this reason. Let's hope I get this one right

I understand completely. It may be in your best interest to get a pair with a light sole and just keep darkening to taste. Welting can also be stained, albeit carefully
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***