or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2764

post #41446 of 91645




Did anybody pick up on the posting two nights ago that the J.Crew Store on Ludlow in NYC has these Alden Ravello Long Wings in stock and it's an exclusive available only at this store.

You can email Dimandja.utshudi@jcrew.com and ask him to reserve you a pair or, if the store is open, he'll complete the entire transaction. He was the sales rep that sent them out to me in California.

Good Luck!

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #41447 of 91645
or call +1 (347) 239-5768. It's a short cut around the other J. Crew-ers who will just get confused and put you on hold forever.
post #41448 of 91645
Quote:
Originally Posted by zchen View Post

so pretty...must resist urge to place order.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


wear in good health

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceposey View Post


Those are freaking awesome looking boots. Love the laces. Nice!

 

Thanks guys.

 

And thanks to those who shared similar experiences with initial hesitation to the perforated cap toe. Just as you did, I have warmed up to this aspect of the boot and am glad I got these.

 

This is a great forum.

post #41449 of 91645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Any notice that heavy brushing dries out their CXL? Like if i brush the side of my boot pretty heavily I'll notice hairline cracks that are a light brown.

TBH, I've never noticed this at all. I brush the crap out of my CXL boots, and they've always been very supple and workable. When they do appear dry, its because I've neglected brushing them, and it's an optimum time to hit them with Reno.

EDIT: And thanks for the info, Gcbrown3 - will have to look at that.
post #41450 of 91645
Just perusing Ebay tonight and noted these Cigar Medallion Captoes in 13B/D.

Not my listing; hope one of our larger-footed brethren can snag these for a steal.
post #41451 of 91645
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post

Here's something a little different. I saw these Alden golf shoes on the eBay.

Gotta have em!
post #41452 of 91645

#8 Monks today

 

post #41453 of 91645
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Just perusing Ebay tonight and noted these Cigar Medallion Captoes in 13B/D.

Not my listing; hope one of our larger-footed brethren can snag these for a steal.

It would be great if Alden offered (1) more cigar bals and (2) more cigar models with a dark brown edge trim/welt. Has there ever been a cigar bal wingtip, for example?
post #41454 of 91645
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

ravello lwb crepe sole. my most comfortable aldens. i wore them to disneyland last week. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)






Great to see these in the wild... the crepe sole on this makeup actually looks pretty good
post #41455 of 91645
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

Which exact model/color of Indys are you wearing instead of your whiskey chukkas?  I'm in the market for an Indy and not sure what to get... 

Whiskey Indy boots from Alden DC... They were part of a Styleforum group MTO (I wasn't in on the planning, but Alden DC has purchased extra pairs). Alden NYC stocks whiskey Indy boots if you want to call them to see if they have your size.
post #41456 of 91645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post


Whiskey Indy boots from Alden DC... They were part of a Styleforum group MTO (I wasn't in on the planning, but Alden DC has purchased extra pairs). Alden NYC stocks whiskey Indy boots if you want to call them to see if they have your size.

^ thanks!

post #41457 of 91645
I am curious as to whether others agree with me about this observation. I think, especially when comparing it to the Barrie or Aberdeen, that the Plaza last is a lower profile last. Anyone else have their thoughts on it?
post #41458 of 91645

20% off Alden at Hunt Club Clothiers in Cincinnati.  They said this will run till the end of the month, and they have to order most styles.  I ended up ordering my first pair at a higher price at a store in Columbus because of they fitted me for the shoes and had good service, but I figure this is worth letting people know.  Dunno if they ship.

post #41459 of 91645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcbrown3 View Post





Did anybody pick up on the posting two nights ago that the J.Crew Store on Ludlow in NYC has these Alden Ravello Long Wings in stock and it's an exclusive available only at this store.

You can email Dimandja.utshudi@jcrew.com and ask him to reserve you a pair or, if the store is open, he'll complete the entire transaction. He was the sales rep that sent them out to me in California.

Good Luck!

For those in NYC, its not the store on Ludlow. Its the "Ludlow Store" on 50 Hudson in TriBeCa.
post #41460 of 91645
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

nephew,
looking good and good day for #8 lhs

Thanks, Uncle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceposey View Post

Those are some really nice looking loafers. I've got some now that I don't like, or wear, very much. Their US made. The name escapes me right now. Supposedly their the "original" penny loafers. Wore them as kid. You really can't beat Horween shell cordovan. How comfortable are they?

You're talking about the Bass Weejuns, perhaps? Never worn them myself, but after some work with a vamp raiser, my BB unlined LHS in #8 are quite comfortable.



Rocking cigar LWB today. I never wear these guys, but I really should. Good looking IMO.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***