Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on Today at 7:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2755
Styleforum Top Picks
I posted a few weeks back about getting a pair of black shell NST loafers on the Grant last. I actually got two pairs (one black, one #8 w/o the NST), same size, and they fit differently. That's Alden for ya. I returned the black ones, and decided to follow Uncle Mac's suggestion to grab some tassels to wear to work.
Well. I was psyched to find a pair in my size at Shoemart. They arrived today. I tried them on and looked down and thought, hmm, something looks off. The stitching on each shoe didn't look identical - the stitching atop the shoe on my left foot looked farther from the welt than that on the right shoe. So, I measured. The measurement from the top of the welt to the outside of the stitching on the top of the left shoe: 2 1/4 inches; the same measurement on the right shoe: 2 inches. Argh. It's only a quarter inch, but I noticed. Am I being too exacting here? For full retail, I'd like the shoes to be perfect (or at least as close to perfect as Alden ever gets).
I think I am simply destined not to have a black shell loafer that fits, which irks me.
i would return and ask for exchange, if not possible when they make there next order would they include your size
Edited by mcarthur - 1/18/13 at 7:57pm
So a good few pages back we debated whether these are palza or tremont. Well, I thought the only way to settle the debate was buy a pair. Thanks to the good folks at Pelle LIne you can now the see the Alden Shell Cordovan Wing Tip - 96080 - Dark Burgundy in the wild.
Definitely Plaza last and definitely in need of a little Mac method care.
i like your wt, wear in good health, the alden model is on the tremont last, model #974
I've got a sizing question.......if I'm a size 11B on a Brannock Device (and 11B in Allen Edmonds 5 last), how does that translate into the various Alden lasts? I know that narrows are few and far between, and from what I've read it's smart to size down .5 in most cases. Is this accurate?
Size down 1/2 for Barrie and Truebalance. Otherwise TTS for most Alden lasts. Good luck.
I like Quoddy for boat shoes. I'm getting ready to order a pair myself. PM me if you have more questions.
Edited by PhiPsi32 - 1/18/13 at 9:00pm
don't own a pair yet (only the SF oxford), but my next pair of boats will be from oakstreet
I would think it's fine. Sometimes it's just how the hide is - whether identifying that an not utilizing the hide in the first place is another question.
But, as always, if it bothers you enough, return them.
As follows, I wouldn't worry about it. CXL is a very soft, supple leather. It will pick up creases or the leather will "roll" at stress points. CXL also picks up scuffs very easily, but you can brush and buff them out easily too. It goes with the territory so to speak. Consider hitting it with some Venetian shoe cream. It can't hurt.
Is creasing like this on CXL normal prior to actual wear? Will it balance itself out or its the usual Alden QC issue?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
These are a speacial make up for Pelle LIne - notice the punches in the heel counter. I know the standard model is tremon, but these are plaza. I will take more photos tomorrow.
- ***The official Alden thread ***
- › New to Business Casual 18 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 8 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov... 14 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 17 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth