or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2737

post #41041 of 86679
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


nephew,
would you cut this down
 

truthfully, I would.. not a fan of the buckle, and wouldnt have a problem sizing down if I could not find my size

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post


And, on the belt topic, Rancourt does shell belts in saddle and #8. They do a dark brown shell that I believe they dye in house (Bakes11771 has shell boots in this color and you can see his photos in the Rancourt thread). I imagine they could do a belt in that too. These are MTO with about a three week turnaround when I ordered. I suppose the color or finish won't be likely to match Alden exactly, but then it seems Alden doesn't frequently match itself for color and finish.

good to know, thank you for the heads up. researching now

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #41042 of 86679
Does anyone own this model?

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-wing-tip-boot-brown/pvc-ald-mxsbd-44611h_ald_m_wing_tip_boot.html

I am loving that texture for some casual wear. Wondering how it looks with a little bit of wear on them.
post #41043 of 86679
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

+1

I used to own the black shell plaintoe bal. I got rid of it for lack of use. I much prefer a shell cap toe bal (straight tip or perf tip) for business wear. I also very much like the black shell captoe blucher. nod[1].gif

i appreciate the feedback. i most likely would get more use out of the cap toe than the plain toe post-wedding. although i do not have to wear these in a business setting, so we're talking a couple of times a year where i would like to have a cap-toe bal. which is an argument for the cheaper AE Park Ave. right now my "dress" shoe is a pair of AE MCallisters that I found thrifting, just would like to get something special for the wedding, if the budget allows
.
and while that offering from leather soul on the plaza last looks awesome, i would prefer a calf make-up in this instance. both in terms of cost and i like the way black calf looks.
post #41044 of 86679
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100 yrs View Post

i appreciate the feedback. i most likely would get more use out of the cap toe than the plain toe post-wedding. although i do not have to wear these in a business setting, so we're talking a couple of times a year where i would like to have a cap-toe bal. which is an argument for the cheaper AE Park Ave. right now my "dress" shoe is a pair of AE MCallisters that I found thrifting, just would like to get something special for the wedding, if the budget allows
.
and while that offering from leather soul on the plaza last looks awesome, i would prefer a calf make-up in this instance. both in terms of cost and i like the way black calf looks.

Nothing wrong with the PA ........
post #41045 of 86679
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

...on the belt topic, Rancourt does shell belts in saddle and #8. They do a dark brown shell that I believe they dye in house (Bakes11771 has shell boots in this color and you can see his photos in the Rancourt thread). I imagine they could do a belt in that too. These are MTO with about a three week turnaround when I ordered. I suppose the color or finish won't be likely to match Alden exactly, but then it seems Alden doesn't frequently match itself for color and finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

truthfully, I would.. not a fan of the buckle, and wouldnt have a problem sizing down if I could not find my size
good to know, thank you for the heads up. researching now

I have the Color #8 shell cordovan belt from Rancourt and thought that I would chime in that the color is much lighter than Alden's color #8, at least initially. I have had mine for about a year and it has been worn nearly every day since then (except on those rare occasions I need a black belt) and the color hasn't faded too much. I would imagine that when my shoes fade a bit more eventually the colors will match up. When I first received the belt I had sort of wished it was a bit darker or more towards the purple spectrum of color #8 but it's grown on me and I have no complaints now. I would buy one from Rancourt all over again if I needed another belt.
post #41046 of 86679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor Xll View Post

Does anyone own this model?

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-wing-tip-boot-brown/pvc-ald-mxsbd-44611h_ald_m_wing_tip_boot.html

I am loving that texture for some casual wear. Wondering how it looks with a little bit of wear on them.

 

 

I posted pictures of these a few pages back.  Purchased in the fall and wear them all the time.  Great color and surprisingly flexible leather boot. I think the All Weather Walker is made from the same leather.  Maybe others can chime in on their experiences.

post #41047 of 86679
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficeLinebacke View Post


The folks at Alden DC told me there is a severe shortage of shell cordovan belts, especially in the nonstandard colors.  I'm surprised anyone has them, as I was told it would be a several month lead time.

I make the rounds at all the Alden shops every so often just for S+G's asking for shell belts....often I hear a sigh at the end of the phone. Honestly, I don't think anyone has a clue.
The best bet for a shell (non-Alden) belt right now is Epaulet. I bought a saddle shell belt from them last month and love it. Not cheap though. If enough of us got together and asked Adele and Mike to have Carmina make a bunch of belts for SF members maybe they'll be interested?

My 10 y.o #8 Alden belt is well loved and still looking great.
post #41048 of 86679
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw View Post

I make the rounds at all the Alden shops every so often just for S+G's asking for shell belts....often I hear a sigh at the end of the phone. Honestly, I don't think anyone has a clue.
The best bet for a shell (non-Alden) belt right now is Epaulet. I bought a saddle shell belt from them last month and love it. Not cheap though. If enough of us got together and asked Adele and Mike to have Carmina make a bunch of belts for SF members maybe they'll be interested?

My 10 y.o #8 Alden belt is well loved and still looking great.

I was told by a major Alden retailer employee that he has literally never even seen a ravello belt. biggrin.gif
post #41049 of 86679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

We should start a support group...

... oh wait, we are already here.

Some (most) would call us the "more money than brains club"...even though I have no money.

"Hi my name is ______ and i just spent $720 on shoes that I'm afraid to wear in the rain, that dont quite fit, that people think look like plastic, all becaue they are a rare color ..."

fistbump.gif at least there is a special page for people like us!!!
post #41050 of 86679

The Unionmade Kirkwood Cordovan Cap Toe Boot in Ravello 39623HC, I'm really digging these.........nod[1].gif

 

post #41051 of 86679

^^^Man I'm bummed my order never made it for those.  Absolutely killer inlove.gif ^^^

 

First wear for my newly restored Black Calf NST's with new waterlock soles.

 

post #41052 of 86679
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunw View Post

The Unionmade Kirkwood Cordovan Cap Toe Boot in Ravello 39623HC, I'm really digging these.........nod%5B1%5D.gif



wow. just too nice.
post #41053 of 86679
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post

Some (most) would call us the "more money than brains club"...even though I have no money.

"Hi my name is ______ and i just spent $720 on shoes that I'm afraid to wear in the rain, that dont quite fit, that people think look like plastic, all becaue they are a rare color ..."

fistbump.gif at least there is a special page for people like us!!!

Or, I propose:

Hi, my name is ____________. I just spent $720 on a horse's a$$.


J Gilbert's plaza last NST today. Picture color is a bit off, but the beauty of #8 comes through
post #41054 of 86679
Alden D.C cigar captoe Grant last
post #41055 of 86679
Cigar boot looking great. Almost looks like a color 8. Must have been a dark batch of cigar.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***