Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2731
Styleforum Top Picks
if you want alden, get shell...my wedding was the occasion for my first pair of aldens! and then more followed.
I have the 907s and they are excellent. The Hampton last is one of Alden's more elegant lasts. However, considering this is your wedding, I would consider the Crockett & Jones Audley or Connaught - which would be in the Alden price range.
So I'm recently engaged and am in a need of a black shoe for the wedding (I'll most likely be wearing a charcoal suit). Should I go Alden 907 or 932? Leaning towards the 907.
907: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
932: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Third option is the Allen Edmond Park Ave, but would prefer the Alden I think.
I pick the 907.
I wore black AE PAs to my wedding. I've since gotten the shell bug, so if I could do it over again, I'd probably go with something like the Alden 907 if I couldn't find a black shell plain toe balmoral.
I'm a 9C on Barrie/Grant, and I got the Kent Wang balmorals for my wedding in a 9. Especially with thin socks, my perfect size would actually have been an 8.5. Great shoes, shined up beautifully, and they are much more formal and elegant than the Alden offering (and perfectly appropriate to wear with a tuxedo). If you are still leaning toward the Aldens, consider that the cap toe 907s aren't technically suitable for formalwear.
100 yrs did say he was wearing a charcoal suit, so I think there is a fairly wide range of "appropriate" footwear he can pair with it. The deciding factor should probably be the usefulness of the shoe in everyday life post-wedding. I would personally not go with a plain toe balmoral, as it falls short on this front.
- ***The official Alden thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › BNWT Timeless Loro Piana 100% SILK Navy Crewneck Basic Sweater 48... 40 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › BNWT Timeless Loro Piana 100% SILK Red V-neck Basic Sweater 48 IT... 4 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD (Guidi, CCP,... 7 minutes ago
- › BNWT Loro Piana Cotton Silk Teal Turtleneck Zipper Sweater 48 IT... 8 minutes ago
- › BNWT Loro Piana Cotton Silk Teal Turtleneck Zipper Sweater 48 IT... 10 minutes ago
- › Why if there is a Brannock device and universal standard of... 15 minutes ago
- › BRUNELLO CUCINELLI Shoes Drivers Suede 6.5/7 US 39 EU Tan NEW 19 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 23 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015