or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2719

post #40771 of 87516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post

Sold some, bought these:



Lovely purchase. Do you wear the same size and width for Barrie and Modified lasts? How do you find Barrie vs Modified?

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #40772 of 87516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post



Pardon disgusting workplace carpet.

 

The carpet only makes the boots that much more gorgeous.  What are those?  Cigar on Modified last?

post #40773 of 87516
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100 yrs View Post

funny, the other day i noticed that a couple of speedhooks on my #8 plain toe boots from j. gilbert were starting to pull out like yours Mario. i'm just going to ride out the rest of the boot season then take them in. it almost seems like the speedhooks can be clamped back together with pliers, and now i wonder if it's worth sending them all the way back to alden. i'll see what Yenni says.

I had the same problem with plain toe boots from J Gilbert. Alden fixed them once. The speed hooks got loose again. I sent the boots back 2 Yenni and she sent me a new pair. it seems many people have been complaining about this issue.
post #40774 of 87516
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolecho View Post

Lovely purchase. Do you wear the same size and width for Barrie and Modified lasts? How do you find Barrie vs Modified?

I find the modified to be superior for me, unquestionably. I went up to 10.5D on the Barrie, and it's a good fit; I am a solid 10D on the modified. I can also do a 9.5E on modified, but I'm afraid to do an E width on Barrie, because of the strangely wide and low heel cup, even on the D. But for these, I made an exception. Trubalance fits me really well in 10D as well.
post #40775 of 87516
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

The carpet only makes the boots that much more gorgeous.  What are those?  Cigar on Modified last?

This.
post #40776 of 87516
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvc44 View Post

I just received them from BB . The finish is not as shiny I am assuming,and color not as red? I have checked a lot if pics on this forum. Thanks for your help

And that is how C&J does its burgundy shell - not as shiny, not as red. So it's a personal decision.

Certainly I prefer Alden's color 8, but these boots, for me, were a nice addition to the collection, even though quite different.
post #40777 of 87516
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvc44 View Post

I just received them from BB . The finish is not as shiny I am assuming,and color not as red? I have checked a lot if pics on this forum. Thanks for your help

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post


And that is how C&J does its burgundy shell - not as shiny, not as red. So it's a personal decision.

Certainly I prefer Alden's color 8, but these boots, for me, were a nice addition to the collection, even though quite different.

 

Alden takes the Horween Color 8 shell and adds some additional purple eggplant color type dye to it. 

 

I've noticed the amount can vary and probably can depend on who at Alden is working that day, etc.  That said, over time and with usage, the purple dye can wear away yielding a more brownish red shoe than purplish brown. 

post #40778 of 87516

Roguls:  Why does the insole say "Bootmaker Edition"?

 

Very sexy BTW!

post #40779 of 87516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

Roguls:  Why does the insole say "Bootmaker Edition"?

Very sexy BTW!

Not sure; got them from TheShoeMart (no tax free ship yes). They probably had extra of those hanging around in the factory.
post #40780 of 87516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post


Magic eraser. Really is magic.

 

Thank you!
post #40781 of 87516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post


Not sure; got them from TheShoeMart (no tax free ship yes). They probably had extra of those hanging around in the factory.

I'm planning to purchase 9015 and 9016 once I determine my size.  I was planning on buying them from SF, also no tax free ship, and have ordered from them before.  Do you think it would be better to order from TSM? as they have them listed for $10 less per pair.

 

Do you think I have a better chance of getting a pair that has no signs of try-on from one retailer or the other?  I am more concerned about that than I am the $10 difference.  Thought I would order by phone so that I can make a personal request.

post #40782 of 87516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

Roguls:  Why does the insole say "Bootmaker Edition"?

Very sexy BTW!

Most Shoe Mart models have "bootmaker edition" on the insole
post #40783 of 87516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post


Most Shoe Mart models have "bootmaker edition" on the insole

Ah, I see.  Thank you for explaining that.

post #40784 of 87516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post

Sold some, bought these:



nephew,
wear your ravello ptb in good health
post #40785 of 87516

anybody sitting on some boot size alden bags? I need a couple pair, if can save some money from retail I might as well

 

tia

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***