or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2717

post #40741 of 94362
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvc44 View Post

I just received them from BB . The finish is not as shiny I am assuming,and color not as red? I have checked a lot if pics on this forum. Thanks for your help

And that is how C&J does its burgundy shell - not as shiny, not as red. So it's a personal decision.

Certainly I prefer Alden's color 8, but these boots, for me, were a nice addition to the collection, even though quite different.
post #40742 of 94362
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvc44 View Post

I just received them from BB . The finish is not as shiny I am assuming,and color not as red? I have checked a lot if pics on this forum. Thanks for your help

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post


And that is how C&J does its burgundy shell - not as shiny, not as red. So it's a personal decision.

Certainly I prefer Alden's color 8, but these boots, for me, were a nice addition to the collection, even though quite different.

 

Alden takes the Horween Color 8 shell and adds some additional purple eggplant color type dye to it. 

 

I've noticed the amount can vary and probably can depend on who at Alden is working that day, etc.  That said, over time and with usage, the purple dye can wear away yielding a more brownish red shoe than purplish brown. 

post #40743 of 94362

Roguls:  Why does the insole say "Bootmaker Edition"?

 

Very sexy BTW!

post #40744 of 94362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

Roguls:  Why does the insole say "Bootmaker Edition"?

Very sexy BTW!

Not sure; got them from TheShoeMart (no tax free ship yes). They probably had extra of those hanging around in the factory.
post #40745 of 94362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post


Magic eraser. Really is magic.

 

Thank you!
post #40746 of 94362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post


Not sure; got them from TheShoeMart (no tax free ship yes). They probably had extra of those hanging around in the factory.

I'm planning to purchase 9015 and 9016 once I determine my size.  I was planning on buying them from SF, also no tax free ship, and have ordered from them before.  Do you think it would be better to order from TSM? as they have them listed for $10 less per pair.

 

Do you think I have a better chance of getting a pair that has no signs of try-on from one retailer or the other?  I am more concerned about that than I am the $10 difference.  Thought I would order by phone so that I can make a personal request.

post #40747 of 94362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

Roguls:  Why does the insole say "Bootmaker Edition"?

Very sexy BTW!

Most Shoe Mart models have "bootmaker edition" on the insole
post #40748 of 94362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post


Most Shoe Mart models have "bootmaker edition" on the insole

Ah, I see.  Thank you for explaining that.

post #40749 of 94362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post

Sold some, bought these:



nephew,
wear your ravello ptb in good health
post #40750 of 94362

anybody sitting on some boot size alden bags? I need a couple pair, if can save some money from retail I might as well

 

tia

post #40751 of 94362
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

nephew,
wear your ravello ptb in good health

Congrats, they look great. I thought they were whiskey, thanks mcarthur.
post #40752 of 94362
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

my experiences with Alden Restoration has always been positive. for example bb shoes have come back in the navy blue shoe box, navy blue shoe bag and alden shoe trees. Alden shoes have come back in the green shoe box, alden shoe bag and alden shoe trees
i would recommend calling the company to discuss this matter. i am competent that they will resolve the problem in your favor

Also have had excellent experience similar to uncle mac. When I send them shoes, I typically include a courteous letter explaining what I would like done, my billing information, and return address. Have done this more than a handful of times and things have always turned out well.
post #40753 of 94362

It appears that the Shoe Mart has several Alden models on sale.  Not sure about size availability, though.

 

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-shoes/men-shoes/b-ald-mxs.html

post #40754 of 94362
#4 cap toe boots. Day 1 of The Method. (Uploaded using the mobile site. Click for larger versions.)



post #40755 of 94362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post

#4 cap toe boots. Day 1 of The Method. (Uploaded using the mobile site. Click for larger versions.)




Looks fantastic with the hints of red in your pants. I am on Day 3 of The Method with my own #4's.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***