Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2709
Styleforum Top Picks
Not sure that anyone can confirm this with certainty, although we would all wish it to be true. Frankly, I think many were surprised to see this recent burst of Ravello out of the factory, given that many retailers were saying around August Ravello would be impossible to find for the next 18+months.
But what do I know, I only became aware of Alden less than 2 years ago.
Silly Question: I just ordered some cedar shoe racks from woodlore, and was going to keep them in my room so that I can stare at my shoes all day long. Will my shell shoes get faded from the light, even if not in direct sunlight? or do they need to be kept in a dark closet with no light at all to avoid fading?
I suspect that they will be okay as long as they are not in direct sunlight, as nothing else in my house has faded in such a way, but thought I would check to be sure.
Just came in today! My first pair of Alden shell cordovan. The Cigar Indy boot! I just wanted to share and thank you guys on the forum for posting such great info. These fit great, and look amazing.
Ravello cap toe boot
I know I'm looking for unicorns, but if anyone spots them please send me a pm. I hope you all have a nice week.
wear your cigar indy in good health
I didn't want to post about this until I had some results to report, but now that I do...
I have complained ad nauseam about how poorly LHS have fit me over the years, but that I have kept trying them. Seems silly, but they LOOK so comfortable that I keep getting suckered in. My last foray into that shoe led me to buy a ravello pair and employ a vamp raiser. Close, but no dice, had to sell them.
However, emboldened by the purchase of the vamp raiser - and the receipt of several gift cards, and the ability to employ my corporate discount, making them (relatively) cheap - I bought a pair of the Brooks unlined LHS in #8. Yes, I am stubborn as hell.
I used the Mac method to break them in, and slowly stretched the vamp using said vamp raiser (and generously applied stretching fluid)...with fantastic results! I love them. Super comfortable, and they've gotten moreso with each subsequent wear.
thank you for posting
enjoy wearing in good health
Those (Alden cigar boots in brogue above) are the best looking Alden boots I have ever seen. Where did you get them?
I just received two pair of Alden boots, an 11.5E Cigar Captoe with commando soul and a 12E Color#8 Captoe. I am trying to decide which to keep, more due to fit. The colors of the two are almost identical and I am told that the Cigars are coming in very dark. These boots are much darker than my four other Cigar Aldens.
A shout out to the folks at Alden of DC. This is the second time they sent me two pair to try for size while only charging for one pair. I got a rare pair of Ravello Longwings and stuck with the 11.5E and they have turned out to be the most comfortable Aldens I have ever worn. I was told the Barrie last would fit long, but I wear an 11.5e in all my other Aldens and these fit great.
I will try and post a few pictures tomorrow when the light is better.
Thank you for your compliment.
Those boots are from Epaulet (Spring/Summer 2012). They are on the Barrie last but for some reason they seem to me to look a bit more narrow and less bulky than my other Barrie last shoes.
I have only wore them 5-7 times but the variations in the cigar shell are already quite nice. I did some mac-methoding on them last night, with a touch of Venetian shoe cream and they shined so nicely.
What's the best CXL selection in everyone's opinion? Don't care if it's shoe or boot. In other words, which Alden model best shows off the attributes/beauty of CXL? And CXL or Natural CXL?
I know there's no single answer, just looking for opinions.
In the market for a pair and not sure what to get...
- ***The official Alden thread ***
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 51 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 6 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 6 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015