or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2704

post #40546 of 97001

"Che" I believe.  She fitted me for my 1494s and a Plaza cap toe.  Excellent service.

post #40547 of 97001
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt2gt View Post

Even more interesting they have ravello shell tassels (haven't seen them before anywhere) and cigar lhs in various sizes...not on sale of course. JT

I have ravello tassels from Leffot - I don't believe they have reordered them though, so these may be the only chance to get them in the near term
post #40548 of 97001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post


I have ravello tassels from Leffot - I don't believe they have reordered them though, so these may be the only chance to get them in the near term

Do you wear them much?

post #40549 of 97001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

It took me a while to figure out how to wear whiskey boots, but they are becoming some of my most worn shoes. I have both the Indy and the chukka - I wear them both with denim and chinos for the most part. In the summer, the chukka gets more wear (with lighter colored pants). The chukkas are probably my most complemented Aldens.

Thanks for the input. I remember a couple months ago I asked people to list their favorite style for each of the shell colors, and the chukka was easily the most common choice for whiskey.
post #40550 of 97001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

Do you wear them much?

Basically weekly (less in the winter than the other three seasons). Given they are one of my older pairs, they actually are probably the pair that will get resoled/recrafted first. I wear either suits or trousers/blazers during the week Monday-Thursday, and I wear ravello tassels with navy, blue, or light grey pants.
post #40551 of 97001

^Very interesting.  Would love to see pics if you ever have a chance.

 

(lately, I have been considering Cigar Tassels)

post #40552 of 97001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Basically weekly (less in the winter than the other three seasons). Given they are one of my older pairs, they actually are probably the pair that will get resoled/recrafted first. I wear either suits or trousers/blazers during the week Monday-Thursday, and I wear ravello tassels with navy, blue, or light grey pants.

very unique, and quite rare
post #40553 of 97001
Gave my Alden family a Mac/Reno treatment this morning to kick off the year right. Wanted to get some photos in the late afternoon sun.









JGilbert #8 Captoe, Shoemart NatCXL Indy, Shoemart Cigar Gunboat, 974 #8 Shortwing
post #40554 of 97001
There are intriguing from the Pelle Line site:



Any thought about what last they are on? I may call tomorrow to ask about them.
post #40555 of 97001
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

There are intriguing from the Pelle Line site:

Any thought about what last they are on? I may call tomorrow to ask about them.

That is an intriguing shoe. I have not seen it (Alden 96080) before. Looks like it might be the Tremont last.
post #40556 of 97001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Dover patterned ravello PTBs? Nice

Modified last, too. A rare bird, indeed.
post #40557 of 97001

Reminds me of a make-up I saw at Anatomica  .  .  .

post #40558 of 97001
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Gave my Alden family a Mac/Reno treatment this morning to kick off the year right. Wanted to get some photos in the late afternoon sun.

JGilbert #8 Captoe, Shoemart NatCXL Indy, Shoemart Cigar Gunboat, 974 #8 Shortwing

Natty looks like whiskey. Well done.
post #40559 of 97001
if anyone wants to get rid of a pair of Whiskey Shell Indy's, i'm game. 7.5D
post #40560 of 97001
Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post

if anyone wants to get rid of a pair of Whiskey Shell Indy's, i'm game. 7.5D

 

Perhaps not "get rid of" but regretfully depart company with?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***