or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2698

post #40456 of 97100
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilb837 View Post

Thanks!  Is there a difference in the care of cordovan vs. calf leather shoes?  I notice that most Alden shoes are made of cordovan.  The cleaning methods that I've googled (such as the Mac Method) and the waxes I've looked up only mention care for cordovan.  Is there a difference for the care of calf leather shoes?

Thanks

 

Yes - a difference in product, method, and frequency.
post #40457 of 97100


Cigar LWB
post #40458 of 97100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

I know that it is impossible for anyone to advise me on sizing over the internet, but I am curious to hear about other's experience with the Hampton (Style 9015 & 9016).

I have "normal" feet, except for a slightly narrow heel.  I am 9C in Barrie, Van and Aberdeen.  9.5D in Gucci Loafers, Rancourt Blake, Rancourt Boat, Sneakers, Timberlands, ect.

Was thinking I would be a 9.5D on the Hampton.  Also thought maybe I would buy 9.5D and 9.5E and exchange whichever doesn't fit.

Any input greatly appreciated.

(Maybe it would be best to just go to Alden NY and try them on, I just feel bad because I would prefer to buy them from SF and have them shipped to my PA address to avoid sales tax.  Does Alden SF ship for free?)

Your Hampton size will most likely be your Aberdeen size. If you are a 9C in Aberdeen and a 9.5E in Hampton, I will be completely baffled. If you get two sizes, I would suggest some combination of 9C, 9D, 9.5C and 9.5D. Obviously availability will play a part in whether you can readily get them in C widths.
post #40459 of 97100

I believe Alden SF ships for free, but a trip to Alden NY is a good idea.  Nothing beats tryng on the shoes.  The crew at Alden NY is very good.  They were a big help when I dropped in over there.

post #40460 of 97100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

This is very helpful.  Much obliged.  Seems like the Epic is what I need.  Almost wonder if it might have been better for all of my LHS, but there is no way I would buy all new trees for that reason.
One is Modified, one is Barrie, no?  Keep the Modified if you like that last.  Harder to find again relative to the other.
Thank you for your response.  Maybe the barrie just works better for your foot shape/proportions?
That looks awesome.  You did a great job.  I actually like it better with the welt left black, although I would not have predicted that it would be my preference.

I too prefer the welt left dark. I have color 8 tassels with antique edging (BNelson) - but I left the welt dark. Nice boots.
post #40461 of 97100
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

I believe Alden SF ships for free, but a trip to Alden NY is a good idea.  Nothing beats tryng on the shoes.  The crew at Alden NY is very good.  They were a big help when I dropped in over there.

Alden SF: free shipping on orders over $75.
post #40462 of 97100
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post




If you were to keep just one of the black captoes which one would it be? Don't need two captoes in the same color. Also can't decide if I want to keep the J. Crew captoes, still can't get my head around #8

Keep the ones with single row stitching.
post #40463 of 97100
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post




If you were to keep just one of the black captoes which one would it be? Don't need two captoes in the same color. Also can't decide if I want to keep the J. Crew captoes, still can't get my head around #8

Definitely keep the one with the single row of stitching, and definitely keep the J.Crew cap-toe boot, it's seriously one of the best-looking Alden makeups I've seen. 

post #40464 of 97100

I am thinking of getting the Indy boots in black, and the only place I can find that has the black in CXL is Epaulet (others are the calfskin).  But I am hesitant to order from them because they have strict no-refund policy.  Pretty sure my size is 10D, but sometimes an individual pair differs slightly, and I while I don't plan to return them, I'd like to have the option.  (Also, if 10D didn't work I would normally exchange for 9.5E, which Epaulet does not offer.)

 

So, my question is, anyone know of another place that offers the Indy boot in black CXL?

 

Also, anyone have a pics of some broken in black CXLs?

 

Thanks.

post #40465 of 97100
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjuiceman View Post

Definitely keep the one with the single row of stitching, and definitely keep the J.Crew cap-toe boot, it's seriously one of the best-looking Alden makeups I've seen. 

 

By the way, I like the Double stitching!

post #40466 of 97100
Quote:
Originally Posted by linafelt View Post

I am thinking of getting the Indy boots in black, and the only place I can find that has the black in CXL is Epaulet (others are the calfskin).  But I am hesitant to order from them because they have strict no-refund policy.  Pretty sure my size is 10D, but sometimes an individual pair differs slightly, and I while I don't plan to return them, I'd like to have the option.  (Also, if 10D didn't work I would normally exchange for 9.5E, which Epaulet does not offer.)

So, my question is, anyone know of another place that offers the Indy boot in black CXL?

Also, anyone have a pics of some broken in black CXLs?

Thanks.

Mike & Adele @ epaulet offer a 14 day refund return policy for all Styleforum members.
post #40467 of 97100
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYGGG View Post

Mike & Adele @ epaulet offer a 14 day refund return policy for all Styleforum members.

Membership has its privileges
post #40468 of 97100
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYGGG View Post

Mike & Adele @ epaulet offer a 14 day refund return policy for all Styleforum members.

Membership has its privileges
post #40469 of 97100
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYGGG View Post


Mike & Adele @ epaulet offer a 14 day refund return policy for all Styleforum members.

 

Thanks so much for this!  I didn't know, and will follow up with them about it...

 

In the meantime, any pics of worn in black CXL?

post #40470 of 97100


My gateway Alden shoe to many dollars spent. Perfect for running errands on a Sunday!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***