or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 268

post #4006 of 90074
Yea I can dig that, I also like the shoe version of the indy boot though no one sells it anymore

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #4007 of 90074
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post
Am I the only one who doesn't like how high the heels are? I think it might be perfect if the rubber in the heels were cut by 3/4.

+1
post #4008 of 90074
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappy View Post
Ive always been tempted to order these:
http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...Blucher/Detail

They look so nice in that picture but seem to plain to justify spending that kind of money. It's something I would love to own as I love the look and they seem versatile, but have been on the lookout for a similar looking cheaper shoe. Maybe Ill just cave one day and get them

First post.

I was in epaulet this weekend and tried those on - beautiful shoes, but I wasn't quite ready to spend the money. I might cave one day too.

Ended up buying these, which were a good deal on sale.

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...t-Brown/Detail
post #4009 of 90074
Ah yea Id love to see them in person but I live in California. Epaulet does not offer refunds apparently, well looks like I will never be ordering from them. Just a personal annoyance really, something in my blood wont let me order from a place that doesn't offer refunds. Shoemart has a similar shoe but only in shell http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-men..._cordovan.html The closest they have is this: http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-men...rrie_last.html The color is worse and I dislike the sole. Edit: Appears like epaulet gives refunds for styleforum members
post #4010 of 90074
Quote:
Originally Posted by srivats View Post
New aldens from Tom:

(Hampton last, cognac lady calf, oiled flex outsole)


Front looks like vagina.

He has so many better makeups than these. Opinions, opinions.
post #4011 of 90074
Epaulet does offer refunds for Styleforum members only -- 14 days. Mike, the owner, has an account here and several threads. His handle, aptly, is Epaulet. Ask him. These are always the correct Aldens: http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...-Chukka/Detail
post #4012 of 90074
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappy View Post
Ah yea Id love to see them in person but I live in California. Epaulet does not offer refunds apparently, well looks like I will never be ordering from them. Just a personal annoyance really, something in my blood wont let me order from a place that doesn't offer refunds.


Edit: Appears like epaulet gives refunds for styleforum members


I have the same shoe from Leffot in NY. You can see if he still has some sizes.

My opinion is that it's a great shoe. The leather is gorgeous and the crepe sole is comfy and long lasting. It's not as high on my list as some of my shell shoes though. I'd say it's worth it for the long run to save up for some shell plain toes. Those are for sure going to get better as they age, and the Chromexcel ones maybe not so much.
post #4013 of 90074
I'm selling a pair of the Suede Chukka's, 10E if anyone is interested. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=179862
post #4014 of 90074
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfoote303 View Post
I'd say it's worth it for the long run to save up for some shell plain toes. Those are for sure going to get better as they age, and the Chromexcel ones maybe not so much.

What? Chromexcel looks incredible with age! It's the same leather on the worn / resoled ultimate indy boots a page back. There might be other reasons to forego those particular shoes but concern about evolution of the leather is not one of them, imo.
post #4015 of 90074
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
These are always the correct Aldens:

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...-Chukka/Detail

Ha! Just ordered these the other day. Crossing my fingers for a delivery today.
post #4016 of 90074
Hey I asked this in the JCrew thread. Can anyone that owns both Clarks desert boots and Alden Indys compare the fit? I am worried that the Alden Indys in 11D might be the wrong size. I wear a size 11 Desert Boot which is mostly comfortable but my toes are definitely pushed against the edge of the shoe in terms of width. The length is fine i think but my toes come up pretty close to the front. 11.5 is too big however as my heel slips a bit. Was 11D in the Indys the right move? Unfortunately JCrew doesnt offer E width like shoemart. I probably would have gotten an 11E, however everyone recommends sizing down 1/2 in the Indy, so maybe the width will be fine?
post #4017 of 90074
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfoote303 View Post
I have the same shoe from Leffot in NY. You can see if he still has some sizes.

My opinion is that it's a great shoe. The leather is gorgeous and the crepe sole is comfy and long lasting. It's not as high on my list as some of my shell shoes though. I'd say it's worth it for the long run to save up for some shell plain toes. Those are for sure going to get better as they age, and the Chromexcel ones maybe not so much.
Truthfully Im not a huge shell fan. I think it looks nice but I prefer the chrome excel look honestly. One day Ill probably get a shell pair just to have it but it's below chrome on my list
post #4018 of 90074
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappy View Post
Truthfully Im not a huge shell fan. I think it looks nice but I prefer the chrome excel look honestly. One day Ill probably get a shell pair just to have it but it's below chrome on my list

+1

The revolution will be in chromexcel.
post #4019 of 90074
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappy View Post
Hey I asked this in the JCrew thread. Can anyone that owns both Clarks desert boots and Alden Indys compare the fit? I am worried that the Alden Indys in 11D might be the wrong size. I wear a size 11 Desert Boot which is mostly comfortable but my toes are definitely pushed against the edge of the shoe in terms of width. The length is fine i think but my toes come up pretty close to the front. 11.5 is too big however as my heel slips a bit. Was 11D in the Indys the right move? Unfortunately JCrew doesnt offer E width like shoemart. I probably would have gotten an 11E, however everyone recommends sizing down 1/2 in the Indy, so maybe the width will be fine?

order both and return 1. There is a 15% and free ship code over in the jcrew thread, today only.
post #4020 of 90074
Yea I ordered the 11D, it's just that they dont offer E width. Im curious if the Indys run a bit wider than the Desert Boots, if so then I think it should be good.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***