or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2654

post #39796 of 87862

whiskey lhs
argyles otc

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #39797 of 87862
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

nephew,
from my experience, the two eyelet chukkas i never felt totally comfortable; accordingly, i have sold all my two eyelet chukkas and i have found the six eyelet chukkas work very well for me

Thanks, Uncle Mac. I can understand - I have the Cigar Indies (Barrie) and they work real well but the bluchers really don't. I think the 6 eyelet chukka might be a fit.
post #39798 of 87862


Ok guys one more question. I been eye balling these also and wanted your thoughts. I never had a cromexcel leather before but like the looks here
post #39799 of 87862
post #39800 of 87862
re: Anatomica website.

I am unable to access their Alden selection when I get there.

Do they have a different website that is more user friendly for those of us who might like to look at their selection and perhaps order a pair?

thanks
Todd
post #39801 of 87862
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post


In my experience, chukkas fit slightly looser than PTBs, so, IMO, chukkas do not fit a touch smaller than other Barrie lasted shoes.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


nephew,
from my experience, the two eyelet chukkas i never felt totally comfortable; accordingly, i have sold all my two eyelet chukkas and i have found the six eyelet chukkas work very well for me

 

Thank you guys.

Just ordered a pair of whiskey chukka from Alden SF which is the same size of my barrie last ptb.

I got a snug fit in my ptb, so hopefully the chukka would fit me as well.

BTW, the whiskey chukka from SF should be in barrie last, right? Forgot to ask before ordering it, lol.

post #39802 of 87862
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkpm View Post


Thank you guys.
Just ordered a pair of whiskey chukka from Alden SF which is the same size of my barrie last ptb.
I got a snug fit in my ptb, so hopefully the chukka would fit me as well.
BTW, the whiskey chukka from SF should be in barrie last, right? Forgot to ask before ordering it, lol.


Yes. If it is the two eyelet chukka it is Barrie.
post #39803 of 87862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Haines View Post

Wow.  Beautiful.

post #39804 of 87862
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post


Do either of you recommend the plaza last in non-boot offerings?  I'm considering a straight tip bal and a medallion toe blucher both on the plaza last from J Gilbert. Thanks...

nephew,
my recommendation is go for it, you will be please as long as the plaza last works for your feet

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

i have a NST shoe on the plaza from J Gilbert. Highly recommended!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

I have calf shoes, shell shoes, and shell boots on the Plaza last. I like said last.

JGilbert is great. Indeed, on Sunday I decided to pull the trigger on the color 8 plaintoe high boots on the Plaza (commando sole)

 

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm guessing that I should go TTS with the Plaza Last (or my Aberdeen-last size).  Any potential reasons why or how the plaza last may not work for my feet?

post #39805 of 87862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Haines View Post


Ok guys one more question. I been eye balling these also and wanted your thoughts. I never had a cromexcel leather before but like the looks here
These look great. Chromexcel should suit an LWB nicely. I don't have Alden CXL, though there are quite a few on this thread who do. The leather is very sturdy and good in adverse conditions. It is on the casual end of the spectrum IMO and isn't going to shine like calf or shell. All that said, I think you will like these shoes.
post #39806 of 87862
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post



Thanks for the feedback.  I'm guessing that I should go TTS with the Plaza Last (or my Aberdeen-last size).  Any potential reasons why or how the plaza last may not work for my feet?

Go TTS.
post #39807 of 87862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

If you have a wide-ish forefoot, your TTS size in Barrie would likely have an E width... So if you are TTS 10E, sizing down to 9.5E in Barrie tends to work really well. However, if an E width is not available, then it is best to stick with a 10D
From what I can tell, retailers are starting to order more E widths, which is a good trend for guys with wider feet

This is proper advice re: Barrie fitting.
post #39808 of 87862
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw View Post


re: Anatomica website.
I am unable to access their Alden selection when I get there.
Do they have a different website that is more user friendly for those of us who might like to look at their selection and perhaps order a pair?
thanks
Todd

Send them an email with the size you want. They will reply with photos of what they have in stock.

post #39809 of 87862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Haines View Post


Who's offering these right now?
post #39810 of 87862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Haines View Post


Ok guys one more question. I been eye balling these also and wanted your thoughts. I never had a cromexcel leather before but like the looks here

 

I've got a pair of Chromexcel Alden x Epaulet Brixtons, and a pair of Oak Street Bootmakers Chromexcel boat shoes.  I love them both, but the leather is definitely on the casual end.  It seems to me like it tends to wrinkle a bit more at articulation points, but I'd wait on somebody else to confirm that.  It does seem to resist water a bit more than my other shoes, and I think it could work well as a damp-weather shoe.

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post


Who's offering these right now?

Leffot.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***