or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2646

post #39676 of 79549
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

My three shell additions Christmas gifts.  The last one just arrived today...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


700

400

700

 


An ebayer gave me a deal I couldn't refuse; RL's Marlow short wingtip, NIB.  I know, I need to expand beyond the blucher. That will be my New Year's resolution!

nephew,
enjoy wearing

Uncle, thank you very much.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #39677 of 79549
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post


Big fan of the 9751, the unsung hero among the shell gunboats... congrats!!

Absolutely true.
post #39678 of 79549
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppith View Post

It was tan paste.  If I had to guess, I would think brown paste would go with the cigar shell.

Tan - whiskey; can be used for ravello
Brown - cigar; can be used for ravello if used sparingly (brown is actually recommended for ravello by various retailers)

I have an over-abundance of Alden paste wax jars (unused). PM me if interested.
post #39679 of 79549
To my Alden brethren,

a little off topic, but couldn't help but share these with you. I tried to get an Alden black pebble vs black shell LWB group order together but it never materialized, so I did it with Trickers instead. I still think this would be an amazing Alden make up, and it uses stock leathers and non exotic shells.

pebble bottoms/lace stays. shell vamp and tongue.
storm welt, commando sole, matched eyelets, and blue lining/pull tab make these my new east village s#@t kickers.





in the wild:

post #39680 of 79549
Barrie last 90k .JPG file

 

 

700

 

 

 

These have seen too many rainy days (not proud of it) but still doing their job.

post #39681 of 79549
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr chorizo View Post

To my Alden brethren,

a little off topic, but couldn't help but share these with you. I tried to get an Alden black pebble vs black shell LWB group order together but it never materialized, so I did it with Trickers instead. I still think this would be an amazing Alden make up, and it uses stock leathers and non exotic shells.

pebble bottoms/lace stays. shell vamp and tongue.
storm welt, commando sole, matched eyelets, and blue lining/pull tab make these my new east village s#@t kickers.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

in the wild:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

I remember seeing the description on the Trickers thread.  Trickers does a great job with the brouging.  An Alden makeup would be awesome, but Trickers is just as good if not better.  I may steal your specs if I nail down my Trickers' sizing.

post #39682 of 79549
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

I remember seeing the description on the Trickers thread.  Trickers does a great job with the brouging.  An Alden makeup would be awesome, but Trickers is just as good if not better.  I may steal your specs if I nail down my Trickers' sizing.

if it helps, i got these on 4444 last, fitting 5, UK10. I wear 11D barrie in shoes (can do 10.5d in boots as well as 11d), and 11d in van last.
post #39683 of 79549

Just got my first pair of Aldens -- the J Crew version of the Indy boot.  Don't have to tell anyone here that they are very high quality indeed...

 

I think this question has been asked before, but I will again:  Any recommendations on replacement laces?  I am open to either leather or a nicer waxed cloth or something, though I guess a leather workboot-ish sort of lace would be my preference.

 

Thanks.

post #39684 of 79549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

I use the brown paste wax on cigar (and on RL marlows).
Tan goes well with whiskey.
Kiwi mid-tan works great with ravello

nephew,
also, i use brown wax on cigar, tan wax or mid-tan wax on whiskey but on ravello i use brown wax
post #39685 of 79549
Guys thinking of picking up this pair off boots for jeans and chinos.
post #39686 of 79549
Quote:
Originally Posted by linafelt View Post

Just got my first pair of Aldens -- the J Crew version of the Indy boot.  Don't have to tell anyone here that they are very high quality indeed...

I think this question has been asked before, but I will again:  Any recommendations on replacement laces?  I am open to either leather or a nicer waxed cloth or something, though I guess a leather workboot-ish sort of lace would be my preference.

Thanks.

i would order the flat waxed laces alden provides for the dressier boots. Epaulet did this on their most recent Natural CXL Indy and they look perfect. I can tell you from experience that leather laces are quite obnoxious as they stretch immensely and then become thin and stringy eventually.
post #39687 of 79549
Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post


i would order the flat waxed laces alden provides for the dressier boots. Epaulet did this on their most recent Natural CXL Indy and they look perfect. I can tell you from experience that leather laces are quite obnoxious as they stretch immensely and then become thin and stringy eventually.

I second this.  I have the flat waxed laces on my Epaulet Brixtons in Natural CXL, and they look fantastic in my opinion.

post #39688 of 79549
Can somebody pleae tell me where I can find the cordovan break-in method everybody keeps talking about. I can't find it on the forum. Thanks
post #39689 of 79549
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerbk View Post

Can somebody pleae tell me where I can find the cordovan break-in method everybody keeps talking about. I can't find it on the forum. Thanks

 

this

http://www.styleforum.net/t/85589/the-official-alden-thread/15285#post_4762681

post #39690 of 79549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Haines View Post

Guys thinking of picking up this pair off boots for jeans and chinos.

I'm on the fence on this any one have a opinion on them
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***