or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2644

post #39646 of 98861
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr chorizo View Post

To my Alden brethren,

a little off topic, but couldn't help but share these with you. I tried to get an Alden black pebble vs black shell LWB group order together but it never materialized, so I did it with Trickers instead. I still think this would be an amazing Alden make up, and it uses stock leathers and non exotic shells.

pebble bottoms/lace stays. shell vamp and tongue.
storm welt, commando sole, matched eyelets, and blue lining/pull tab make these my new east village s#@t kickers.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

in the wild:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

I remember seeing the description on the Trickers thread.  Trickers does a great job with the brouging.  An Alden makeup would be awesome, but Trickers is just as good if not better.  I may steal your specs if I nail down my Trickers' sizing.

post #39647 of 98861
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

I remember seeing the description on the Trickers thread.  Trickers does a great job with the brouging.  An Alden makeup would be awesome, but Trickers is just as good if not better.  I may steal your specs if I nail down my Trickers' sizing.

if it helps, i got these on 4444 last, fitting 5, UK10. I wear 11D barrie in shoes (can do 10.5d in boots as well as 11d), and 11d in van last.
post #39648 of 98861

Just got my first pair of Aldens -- the J Crew version of the Indy boot.  Don't have to tell anyone here that they are very high quality indeed...

 

I think this question has been asked before, but I will again:  Any recommendations on replacement laces?  I am open to either leather or a nicer waxed cloth or something, though I guess a leather workboot-ish sort of lace would be my preference.

 

Thanks.

post #39649 of 98861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

I use the brown paste wax on cigar (and on RL marlows).
Tan goes well with whiskey.
Kiwi mid-tan works great with ravello

nephew,
also, i use brown wax on cigar, tan wax or mid-tan wax on whiskey but on ravello i use brown wax
post #39650 of 98861
Guys thinking of picking up this pair off boots for jeans and chinos.
post #39651 of 98861
Quote:
Originally Posted by linafelt View Post

Just got my first pair of Aldens -- the J Crew version of the Indy boot.  Don't have to tell anyone here that they are very high quality indeed...

I think this question has been asked before, but I will again:  Any recommendations on replacement laces?  I am open to either leather or a nicer waxed cloth or something, though I guess a leather workboot-ish sort of lace would be my preference.

Thanks.

i would order the flat waxed laces alden provides for the dressier boots. Epaulet did this on their most recent Natural CXL Indy and they look perfect. I can tell you from experience that leather laces are quite obnoxious as they stretch immensely and then become thin and stringy eventually.
post #39652 of 98861
Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post


i would order the flat waxed laces alden provides for the dressier boots. Epaulet did this on their most recent Natural CXL Indy and they look perfect. I can tell you from experience that leather laces are quite obnoxious as they stretch immensely and then become thin and stringy eventually.

I second this.  I have the flat waxed laces on my Epaulet Brixtons in Natural CXL, and they look fantastic in my opinion.

post #39653 of 98861
Can somebody pleae tell me where I can find the cordovan break-in method everybody keeps talking about. I can't find it on the forum. Thanks
post #39654 of 98861
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerbk View Post

Can somebody pleae tell me where I can find the cordovan break-in method everybody keeps talking about. I can't find it on the forum. Thanks

 

this

http://www.styleforum.net/t/85589/the-official-alden-thread/15285#post_4762681

post #39655 of 98861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Haines View Post

Guys thinking of picking up this pair off boots for jeans and chinos.

I'm on the fence on this any one have a opinion on them
post #39656 of 98861
Leathersoul Pitt Boot Color 8




post #39657 of 98861
Quote:
Originally Posted by advan031 View Post

Leathersoul Pitt Boot Color 8

WOW. If i didn't have captoes and indys in 8, I'd be all over these..

 

has anyone ever offered this makeup in cigar? 

post #39658 of 98861
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

WOW. If i didn't have captoes and indys in 8, I'd be all over these..

has anyone ever offered this makeup in cigar? 

Leathersoul does but haven't offered them again...patiently waiting.
post #39659 of 98861
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

WOW. If i didn't have captoes and indys in 8, I'd be all over these..

has anyone ever offered this makeup in cigar? 

you mean, besides leather soul? tongue.gif

beat me to it.

i've seen a pair or two floating around on ebay...

personally, I like this #8 version more. looks fantastic. Let's see some pics in the wild!
post #39660 of 98861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Haines View Post

I'm on the fence on this any one have a opinion on them

A solid pick up looking towards spring/summer. I wear a ton of boots in the summer, and not just suede. I think boots, jeans, and t shirt will always look good.
I'm not a big fan of a brick sole, no matter the make-up, but i like this boot a quite a bit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***