Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on Yesterday at 7:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2637
Styleforum Top Picks
My personal experience is that when I nailed my size down with Alden, I had far fewer beef rolls (going from 9.5e to 9e). Some of my Alden shoes and boots have almost no beefroll and creasing now. Having said that my chukkas show more creasing than do my other shoes and boots.
Edited by P. Bateman - 12/19/12 at 11:29pm
I washed this shoe with Saphir suede soap and an oil stain did not come out. I'm now attempting the old baby powder method. I first placed the shoe in a plastic bag, then applied a hot towel on the outside to heat it up. Finally I applied the powder with my finger to the stain. I really hope it works. Lesson learned: Never eat while standing.
Ha! I have the tan suede chukkas with a similar problem. I was eating fried buffalo pork ribs from a food truck and dripped. They were delicious, but my heart sank as I looked down at my toe. Got them home and did the corn starch and brushed the hell out of them. Think I did some vinegar too. It's certainly not gone, but not noticeable unless you are really looking for it. Might give the Saphir a try.
Edited by warrenjl1 - 12/20/12 at 4:11pm
I purchased a pair of new Whiskey LWB from a fellow forum member and noticed the right shoe is a touch darker than the left shoe!
The shoes are beautiful and may be I'm the only one who might notice the difference.
Is it a common problem with Alden's light colour shells?
What would be the best way to make the colour of the two shoes more even by:
(1) exposing the darker right shoe in direct sun light and hope that it lighten up a bit
(2) using a darker paste wax for the lighter shoe (what colour?)
Any other suggestions? Thanks.
When I think of beef rolls, I think of Negimaki...
This pic may not be the best to demonstrate. Take a look at the following Alden beef rolls...
The second one isn't quite as pronounced, but I think still applies. To me, the following would be a more desired level of creasing, but this is just MHO.
Please feel to correct or qualify as I am by no means an expert on this.
Just picked up a pair of the J.Crew Alden Indy 405's. Love the shoe, but I'm not a huge fan of the white contrast stitching on the toe of the Indy boots. What are my options, if any, to change the color of this stitching? I have been told using a dark cream polish would darken the stitching but will it completely change the color of the boot forever?
- ***The official Alden thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › Anyone still wear. 3 button sportscoats? 8 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 10 minutes ago
- › What low-quality clothing brands do you like anyway? 13 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 18 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 26 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 29 minutes ago
- › Jack Spade Messenger Bag - Navy Blue Canvas 31 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 31 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 31 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth