or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2607

post #39091 of 87741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al in Philly View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchottie View Post


How dod you get the 15% off?

Sherman Bros is having a 15% Alden sale right now.  It might be for in store only tough.  I live ten minutes from their Haverford location.  Their selection is pretty limited, but if you are in the market for the basics this is a definite deal.


The sale is definitely not on line.  I called them and made the order.  I happened to be in Philly a year ago when they had a 25% off sale on Alden.  I bought a color 8 LWB for $518.  They didn't actually have my size but they ordered it from Alden and had it drop shipped to my home.  They told me they would run the same special a year later.  I called today and they're sending me a black shell PTB.  I think they only carry the standard black shell and color 8 models.  A year ago they had a couple of models in cigar and ravello, but I have no idea what they have now.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #39092 of 87741
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post

does ANYBODY actually like crepe soles? they're so awful.

what ppl have said and its resiliency.
post #39093 of 87741
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post


The sale is definitely not on line.  I called them and made the order.  I happened to be in Philly a year ago when they had a 25% off sale on Alden.  I bought a color 8 LWB for $518.  They didn't actually have my size but they ordered it from Alden and had it drop shipped to my home.  They told me they would run the same special a year later.  I called today and they're sending me a black shell PTB.  I think they only carry the standard black shell and color 8 models.  A year ago they had a couple of models in cigar and ravello, but I have no idea what they have now.

I need the 975 so i will be calling tomorrow. Thank you
post #39094 of 87741
can anyone who owns crepe speak to how it fares on snow/ice?
post #39095 of 87741
Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post

does ANYBODY actually like crepe soles? they're so awful.






I like the crepe sole.
post #39096 of 87741
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

They're on crepe sole though.
Whoever is spec'ing out Unionmade Aldens has an unhealthy obsession with that loden green and crepe soles.

They really do, and they've screwed up some really good makeups in the process.
post #39097 of 87741
Crepe is death slippery on wet smooth concrete. Worse than leather soles.
It doesn't seem any worse than leather on snow though.
post #39098 of 87741
man...wanting some LHS and this Sherman Bros sale is tempting. Is color 8 all they have?
post #39099 of 87741
Quote:
Originally Posted by poena View Post

man...wanting some LHS and this Sherman Bros sale is tempting. Is color 8 all they have?


I think they can get black and color 8,  but you ought to call and find out.

post #39100 of 87741
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYGGG View Post


I like the crepe sole.

 

who offered the rough out boot? is that the context makeup?

 

TIA!

post #39101 of 87741
Yup, I've been wanting to get in on those Rough Roy's. I think I would have already pulled the trigger with a commando sole.

Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram

Reply

Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram

Reply
post #39102 of 87741
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

who offered the rough out boot? is that the context makeup?

TIA!

Alden x Winn Perry Little Tanks.
post #39103 of 87741
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


you should have a black shell in your wardrobe. your should consider either wt or cap toe

Thank you Uncle.  The search commences.

post #39104 of 87741

I have one pair with crepe soles, the LS Natty CXL Tanker.  I like it.  It's light weight and quiet.  Off the top of my head, I want to say that the crepe sole was used for desert combat boots.  So, I wouldn't expect it to be robust in snow and ice conditions (I have not tried it myself).  On the flip side, I wear my Alden boots in the spring/summer.  So, the crepe sole works very well for me.

post #39105 of 87741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd V View Post


Necessary, no. But, sometimes I like the look of a black shell PTB with denim. The biggest problem is that once you have a black, calfskin shoe that is as boring as can be and only mildly comfortable, you'll wish it were shell. satisfied.gif

Pretty much what prompted my question.  Wore my J&M Conley Short Wings and was wishing they were Alden Shell's rolleyes.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***