or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2583

post #38731 of 86639
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazaza View Post

outstanding,
A perennial favorite

nephew,
thank you

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #38732 of 86639
Tonight I came home and there was a little bit of shelly goodness waiting for me. A pair of Alden for BB No. 8 tassels. I like the BB version better because they have the hand stiched heel counter. NICE!

These will be the last (no pun intended) pair for a while because I just got the Ravello shortwing (thanks to Sevenfold) and the Ravello PTB thanks to Alden of SF and a garrulous poster on this site.





I haven't owned a pair of tassels for years - first pair of shell tassels I owned I purchased the week my oldest daugther was born - they lasted 15 years and she is now closing in on 20.
post #38733 of 86639

Leffot has opened up a pre-order for their #8 LWB with antique sole edging: http://leffot.com/shop/alden-x-leffot-color-8-longwing/

 

The price goes up again. #8 for $675??  Unbelievable!
 

post #38734 of 86639
just laid out full price for one of two 13D #8 cap toes left at JCrew. I hate myself so much for missing that promo, so it was the only thing to do.
post #38735 of 86639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post

Tonight I came home and there was a little bit of shelly goodness waiting for me. A pair of Alden for BB No. 8 tassels. I like the BB version better because they have the hand stiched heel counter. NICE!
These will be the last (no pun intended) pair for a while because I just got the Ravello shortwing (thanks to Sevenfold) and the Ravello PTB thanks to Alden of SF and a garrulous poster on this site.


I haven't owned a pair of tassels for years - first pair of shell tassels I owned I purchased the week my oldest daugther was born - they lasted 15 years and she is now closing in on 20.

nephew,
great looking tassels
wear in good health
post #38736 of 86639
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotcomzzz View Post

just laid out full price for one of two 13D #8 cap toes left at JCrew. I hate myself so much for missing that promo, so it was the only thing to do.

Not the last time you'll shell out for Aldens. Mark my words.
post #38737 of 86639
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100 yrs View Post


fellow at alden sf told me december this year, looks like he was right.
 

That's funny, after I posted that I got so concered I called Alden DC and the lady there (not Kathy, the other one with the kind of exotic name, she's mentioned many times in this thread) said they haven't heard anything about price increases and it's not necessarily every year.

post #38738 of 86639
Quote:
Originally Posted by roboterkampf View Post

Got these in last night from Need Supply. My Christmas present from the wife (I got them early, too!) - she is the BEST.

These are awesome. I would have grabbed a pair but no 11.5 in the run
post #38739 of 86639
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

nephew,
great looking tassels
wear in good health

Uncle, Thanks you!
post #38740 of 86639
can you all PLEASE stop with the uncle/nephew shit.. so unsettling
post #38741 of 86639
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficeLinebacke View Post

That's funny, after I posted that I got so concered I called Alden DC and the lady there (not Kathy, the other one with the kind of exotic name, she's mentioned many times in this thread) said they haven't heard anything about price increases and it's not necessarily every year.

che

post #38742 of 86639

^^^ Che is awesome to work with!

post #38743 of 86639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

can you all PLEASE stop with the uncle/nephew shit.. so unsettling

 

+1.  (I realize I may be in the minority here)

post #38744 of 86639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

can you all PLEASE stop with the uncle/nephew shit.. so unsettling

Can you please use more gentlemanly language in this thread?

And no we can't. Uncle Mac has earned our respect and shall receive it.
post #38745 of 86639
.. foo.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***